Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > TreeHelper.SelectNodes pagination View modes: 
adegiamb - 5/22/2011 4:49:37 PM

TreeHelper.SelectNodes pagination
I am using TreeHelper.SelectNodes to get a list of documents in the document tree. However I can’t figure out how to do pagination. I am using Kentico 5.5.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 5/23/2011 2:27:43 AM

RE:TreeHelper.SelectNodes pagination
Hello.

This method returns DataSet, so I am not sure what pagination do you mean. Do you bind this DataSet to some viewer web part, where you want to paginate it? Can you clarify this and provide more info? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

adegiamb - 5/23/2011 5:34:31 AM

Hey Radek,

We have a page that list a of galleries, some sections contains 150 + galleries so we would like to have pagination on those list pages. I was hoping to find an api something like:

TreeHelper.SelectNodes("/galleries/%",pageNumber,pageSize);

This way it only returns then documents to display and not all. Does an api exists for this?

thanks

adg

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 5/31/2011 1:07:31 AM

Hello.

TreeHelper.SelectNodes method does not have parameter for paging. Paging is usually related to some web part or control, not method itself. As for “have a page that list of galleries” – do you mean Media gallery web part? If so, this web part contains Pager by default, and you can set its properties in Pager section (web part properties dialog). If you mean something else, can you clarify, please? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik