Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > HTML Content (INTRANET) View modes: 
ars - 6/8/2011 11:58:48 PM

HTML Content (INTRANET)
Hi Guys,

Can you advise me with my issue.

I need to make easy procdedure of creating Html content on Intranet.

I have editable content zone on home page

User image

This text stored in Content Text Web part

User image

But I want to make it in another way:

In treview on left side create some type of document (I quess it can be ARTICLE)

And then use some webpart that will allow me to show this docs(article) list or this doc(article) alone

User image

Is this possible?

Thanks

lancetek - 6/9/2011 9:25:57 AM

RE:HTML Content (INTRANET)
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, so here' what I THINK you're asking:

If you have a bunch of article documents in Kentico, can you list them? Again I'm assuming that you want to show these documents in the website frontend.

Yes you can! Kentico's made for this. For example you can use the QueryRepeater web part to query the database to fetch your documents and apply a transformation of your choosing.

Here's an example of how to use the Query Repeater.

The Query Repeater is very flexible, so you can change the visibility, the query used, container and lots of other properties.

You could even alter the code, or better yet, create your own.

Cheers,
Lance

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 6/13/2011 12:31:02 AM

RE:HTML Content (INTRANET)
Hello.

If I understand you well, it should be possible to achieve it via standard Kentico listing & viewers web parts, like Repeater. You can place this Repeater web part on your page and set it to display required document type, in specified path (location), and even number of items you want to display (Top N property).

You can see example of this web part on default Corporate site, in News section.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik