Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Is it possible to change the "items per page" default selection in the admin interface? View modes: 
JohnSD - 7/26/2010 6:59:53 PM

Is it possible to change the "items per page" default selection in the admin interface?
In CMS Site Manager and CMS Desk, is there anyway to have the "items per page" menu at the bottom of the screen default to something other than "25"? I find it really cumbersome to have to scroll down and change that everytime.

Thanks.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 7/28/2010 10:38:10 AM

RE:Is it possible to change the "items per page" default selection in the admin interface?
Hello.

Yes, it is possible. There is a key in web.config for this purpose:

CMSDefaultListingPageSize. It is initial page size (the Items per page setting) of listings across the whole UI. The default value is 25.

You can use it like <add key="CMSDefaultListingPageSize" value="50" />

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

JohnSD - 7/28/2010 12:58:51 PM

RE:Is it possible to change the "items per page" default selection in the admin interface?
Thanks. This is helpful for the time being.

It would be even better if each user could customize this property from within their individual custom UI's ("My desk" tab in CMS Desk maybe?). I'll add this suggestion to UserVoice.

Thanks again,
John

jonm-latinlink - 8/15/2011 10:00:50 AM

Hi,

Could you tell me where I need to add this in web.config file? I have added it under <appSettings>, is that correct? It doesn't seem to be having any effect on the default item size.

Thanks

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/18/2011 2:40:09 AM

Hi,

Which version of Kentico CMS do you use? I checked it in 5.5R2 version and that key works just fine.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

jonm-latinlink - 8/18/2011 4:07:21 AM

Hi,

Yes I have 5.5 R2. It's placed here:

<appSettings>
<add key="CMSProgrammingLanguage" value="C#" />
<add key="WS.webservice" value="http://localhost/WebService/webservice.asmx" />
<add key="CMSTrialKey" value="" />
<add key="CMSUseCultureForBestPageInfoResult" value="true" />
*Other stuff here*
<add key="CMSDefaultListingPageSize" value="50" />
</appSettings>

Is that correct? What else do I have to do to get it to work?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/18/2011 5:45:10 AM

Hi,

What is the exact version number you are using? Have you applied any hotfixes?

You have placed the key to the correct place - this is working fine for me. Could you please check that you have added it to the right web.config?

After this, in the universal grids in the CMS user interface the pre-set value in the items per page drop down list is set to 50 and also, I checked it on document types, 50 items are displayed on one page after I added that key.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

jonm-latinlink - 8/18/2011 6:01:12 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply.

We are using v5.5.4191 R2. Not sure about hotfixes as I don't manage the configuration of Kentico CMS, but I do want to be able to change the default listing size.

The only web.config we have is in the root of the web folder. Is that correct?

Is there any caching involved?

Thanks

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/18/2011 7:04:09 AM

Hi,

Yes, the web.config file is that one in the web project folder - are you looking in corret web project?

After any change in web.config file the application is restarted so I do not think it is cache related. I tried it on the exact the same version of CMS and it is working fine.

Any screen shots to see what you currently see may help us to find out the reason.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

jonm-latinlink - 8/18/2011 8:06:47 AM

Right, sorry you're right it does indeed change the items per page but only on the first page of the Media Library (or in Users within Administration). However, if I go into one of the folders in Media Library, it defaults back to to 10 items per page.

Is there a way to get this property to apply to all listings within the media library?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/19/2011 2:50:15 AM

Hi,

It makes more sense now :-) The listing in media library is not included into the defaults.

You can change the number of items per page in this file: \CMSModules\MediaLibrary\Controls\Dialogs\MediaListView_UI.xml

<key name="DefaultPageSize" value="10" />

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

jonm-latinlink - 8/30/2011 5:44:38 AM

Great, that worked, thanks!

jonm-latinlink - 8/30/2011 6:32:11 AM

I actually have another question, when I select insert image or media using the FCK editor, the media library still lists items using the default 10 per page. Where can I change this setting?

Thanks

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/31/2011 3:29:11 AM

Hi,

Another XML file is used for the dialog window. It is in the same folder: \CMSModules\MediaLibrary\Controls\Dialogs\MediaListView.xml

Just change the default page sice property here again and refresh the page.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

jonm-latinlink - 8/31/2011 4:07:09 AM

Thanks, that's it!