Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Formatting product options price in the cart item selector View modes: 
m.rutter - 8/29/2011 5:28:31 AM

Formatting product options price in the cart item selector
Hi everybody,
I have a problem with the price formatting for product options in the CartItemSelector webpart (with ShowProductOptions setted to true). A "+" sign is always displayed before the price and this is a problem in my case.

I searched everywhere but I cannot find a way to remove the "+" sign before each option price.

Please, can someone help me with this issue?

Thank you.
Marcello

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 8/31/2011 4:57:01 PM

RE:Formatting product options price in the cart item selector
Hi,

You can change the format of the product option price in App_Code of product option selector for E-commerce module:

~\App_Code\CMSModules\Ecommerce\ProductOptionSelector.cs

Here under comment "Format product option price" you can find detection of the prefix sign:

string preffix = (skuPrice >= 0) ? "+ " : "- ";

so you can modify it according to your needs.
Please note that each upgrade or hotfix may revert such change back, so you will always need to check it.

Regards,
Zdenek C.

m.rutter - 9/1/2011 1:19:08 AM

Thank very very much, Zdenek.
That worked for me!

Please note that each upgrade or hotfix may revert such change back, so you will always need to check it.

Yes of course, I track all of the changes I made to the original Kentico code. Whenever possible, I derive/inherits my own version (this is not the case).

Regards
Marcello

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
Gitesh - 11/7/2011 8:42:53 PM

HI,

Is it possible to make it read dynamically so that it doesn't overwrite on a hotfix or upgrade?

Thanks
Gitesh Shah

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 11/25/2011 7:56:42 AM

Hi,

Well, it would be possible to put here a custom function defined elsewhere, however we would still need to update the control in our default codebase...
Are you planning to upgrade to version 6.0? There might be some better options.

Regards,
Zdenek

m.rutter - 11/25/2011 8:38:03 AM

Hi Zdenek,
I will upgrade my customer to versione 6.x soon.

I have customized a lot of code and controls to be able to implement the e-commerce requirements needed by my client.

Just to know, which options should I have? It could be interesting to know because I'm going to design the porting (5.5R2 to 6).

Regards,
Marcello

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 11/30/2011 4:59:32 PM

Hi,

Well, I would recommend a Blogpost by our E-commerce developer (Petr Vozak) at
devnet.kentico.com/Blogs/Petr-Vozak/October-2011/E-commerce-6--New-customization-model, where he explains the changes and suggests the customization maintenance/upgrading during the upgrade from 5.x to 6.0 version.
New customization options are described as well, so I believe this could answer most of your questions.
You can also try to leave a comment with your additional question(s)...feel free to let us know.

Regards
Zdenek C.

m.rutter - 12/1/2011 1:37:47 AM

Hi Zdenek,
thank you very much. I will read it.

Regards,
Marcello