Design and CSS styles
Version 4.x > Design and CSS styles > Why is the CMSDesk.css including on all my live pages? View modes: 
Mufasa - 8/18/2009 3:06:07 PM

Why is the CMSDesk.css including on all my live pages?
The CMSDesk.css and DesignMode.css is loading on all my pages, in the editor on live, published pages when I am not logged into the CMS Desk. I thought this was just for design mode, but it is showing on all my live pages too on all the machines I tested it on. http://67.96.161.21/ I checked the root page's Master page tab and it has these two CSS files listed in the static header text, the part not in a text box. So I can't edit them there. I checked the Template's HEADER tab too, and its empty. This is a default 'blank' site. Kentico 4.1. Also, this new forum text editor barely works at all in Firefox 3.5. You should fix it because it cleared my message once and made me retype it. And it won't let me add any line breaks with either Enter key. Real annoying.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 8/26/2009 8:25:30 AM

RE:Why is the CMSDesk.css including on all my live pages?
Hello,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please check if there is any stylesheet specified in 'SiteManager -> Sites -> edit your site -> Site CSS stylesheet' field? If not so, could you please set some stylesheet into this field.

Regarding the forum text editor, could you please try to describe in more details what steps leaded to clearing the message from the editor?

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek

Mufasa - 9/1/2009 1:37:19 PM

Yes, the "Default" style sheet which is the correct style sheet is set there and is working fine. It is being included as it should be. The problem as is as I described above: Kentico is also adding the CMS Desk files (CMSDesk.css, etc.) on the Live site too, not just when logged into the CMS Desk itself. Because of course, when in the CMS Desk, those extra CSS files should be automatically added. Just not when viewing the Live site, either via another non-logged-in session, browser, or machine, or via the CMS Desk Live site view mode, both of which are showing the extra CMS Desk-only CSS files when they shouldn't be.

I don't know why the forums text editor got stuck before. It was Firefox 3.5 and I didn't notice any HTTP or Javascript errors at the time. But it works now, so it probably was just a bad transmission of a file or something.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 9/14/2009 10:03:10 AM

Hello,

It's caused by you use stylesheet with name 'Default'. There are always all stylesheets from current theme (~\App_Themes\<yourStylesheetName> folder) used on the site (it's standard .NET behavior), so in your case it's ~\App_Themes\Default and this folder contains CMSDesk.css, etc. files. Please consider using different name for your stylesheet.

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek

Mufasa - 9/15/2009 1:05:08 PM

Nice one. That worked. I did not know that about the App_Themes directory.