Design and CSS styles
Version 4.x > Design and CSS styles > Assigning Categories for Blogs View modes: 
nnarayanan - 1/13/2010 2:26:35 PM

Assigning Categories for Blogs
Hi there,

The blogs I am creating have categories and I am aware that I can assign a blog post to a categorie and there is also a webpart which displays those categories.

The problem I am currently facing is that I have already used Global categories for some other section (not for blogs). Now I am finding it difficult to use a separate set of categories just for blogs because when I use "Category List" webpart it lists all the categories including the onces i have used for the other section. I am also aware that there is Custome Categories but it is user based. These categories does not come up for all users, rather comes up only for my login.

My question is that, can I have groups for categories (like Tag groups) or is there any other solution that you would suggest to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Nitya Narayanan

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/14/2010 6:18:46 AM

RE:Assigning Categories for Blogs
Hi Nitya,

you could use the WHERE condition property of Category list web part. For example you could name all blog categories with blog_ prefix in the code name of category. Then the WHERE condition of Category list could look like:

CategoryName like 'blog_%'

You would also need to re-write the WHERE condition of repeater (Category list and repeater web parts).

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

nnarayanan - 1/14/2010 3:54:28 PM

RE:Assigning Categories for Blogs
Hello Helena,

Thanks for your recommendation. I will try and then get back to you if I face any other road blocks.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Nitya Narayanan