Design and CSS styles
Version 4.x > Design and CSS styles > Text Area Size View modes: 
ewanm - 11/12/2009 4:09:01 AM

Text Area Size
I'm having problems sizing a text area on a bizform.

I have created a table and placed my text area into a cell on the table. I want the text area to be wider and have tried all the obvious things, spanning more than one column, changing the width of the column, in the field properties, I have increased the number of columns but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 11/12/2009 7:57:31 AM

RE:Text Area Size
Hello,

Could you please send me more information on the problem? What web part are you using? If you are using the Editable text web part, you can set the width and height of the region with the properties width and height in the section Design.

Please post your questions just in one thread.

EDIT: I am sorry, I've missed your first sentence. You can use the type Text Area instead of the type Text Box.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

ewanm - 11/12/2009 9:01:50 AM

Thanks for the reply,

I am using the Text Area but it appears to expand only to the width of the column in the table. I have moved it out of the table so there should be no column width restrictions and it still does not appear to increase in width.

ps I am aware to only post in one thread, I clicked the submit button a second time because the forum appeared to freeze and I did not know if I had clicked the button.

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 11/12/2009 10:35:40 AM

Hello,

If you've selected the type Text area you can alter the width and height by changing the values of the boxes "Columns:" and "Rows".

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko