Design and CSS styles
Version 4.x > Design and CSS styles > CSS dropdown menu View modes: 
AP-Kentico - 9/18/2009 10:21:10 AM

CSS dropdown menu
Hi,

I am sure some would have run into this before.
I am trying to create a css menu with following attributes:
. Each header will have a different color
. Its a dynamic menu

I could create the menu but when I try to add a style value in the properties/Menu/Menu item design/Menu item style, it does not work.
I am trying to use jquery to use the dynamic menu. I have a working sample in html but implementing it in kentico is getting difficult.

Can anyone help me out?
I can email the files if required but cannot include it in the post.

Thanks,
AP

ryan.wheale-gmail - 9/18/2009 6:48:38 PM

RE:CSS dropdown menu
Are you creating a javascript (jQuery) menu using the CSS List Menu web part? If so, you can check the box "Render Item ID" and then use CSS to target each element individually to give it a different color.

Are you using a menu that you downloaded from somewhere? If so, a link would be helpful.

~Ryan

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_mirekr - 9/20/2009 4:09:46 AM

Hi,

If you want to apply changes which has been made to particular document/page in Properties -> Menu section in CMS Desk interface, you need to check “Apply menu design” property of your menu navigation web part. In this way, you can have different styles for different menu items. I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,
Miroslav Remias.

AP-Kentico - 9/21/2009 3:00:33 PM

Thanks for all the comments.
Actually I could accomplish alot of things by overwriting the various menu properties.
But as I needed a sub-title for the main menu, I added a property to the menu control and created a new version of the cmslistmenu control.

It works great.

Thanks,
Anil Pundhir (AP)