Site structure
Version 4.x > Site structure > Different content for different domain aliases View modes: 
Thomasbe-datacom.co - 5/16/2012 6:03:50 PM

Different content for different domain aliases

Hi all,

I have a site in which i can set up different aliases e.g. site.com, site.co.nz

I am wondering if it is possible to have different content for certain pages depending on the aliases. i.e. have the same home page but say you go to location it has different information depending on your aliases.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Tom

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm2 - 5/17/2012 7:34:49 AM

RE:Different content for different domain aliases
Hello.

Would it be enough for you to change the content of particular web parts, placed on your Home page, or you mean something else? Could you provide some particular example, so we can provide more accurate answer? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Thomasbe-datacom.co - 5/20/2012 5:09:12 PM

Hi sorry my first statement was not very clear,

Here is a a clear example

We have a site on:
http://www.suzannegrae.com.au (Australia)
&
http://www.suzannegrae.co.nz (New Zealand)

If you go to the sites there is a tab 'NEW LOOKS' or 'STORES'

The idea is what information is show here is depended on the aliases i.e. for new looks there would be the new fashion in Australia or New Zealand and for stores it would show the Australian or New Zealand stores depending on your aliases

Regards,
Tom

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm2 - 5/21/2012 1:14:54 AM

Hello.

By NEW LOOKS and STORES tabs you mean pages? Then it makes sense. How the information is displayed there currently? Using some web part? I guess the easiest thing is to use CSS stylesheet web part and set its CSS stylesheet file path property dynamically, according to current document alias.

This can be done using custom macro, which can be evaluated at runtime.

Current document’s alias path can be taken from CMS.CMSHelper.CMSContext.CurrentDocument.NodeAlias property.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik