Site structure
Version 4.x > Site structure > Error when creating document type. View modes: 
sales-bluweb.co - 1/27/2010 1:38:36 PM

Error when creating document type.
Please help. I had awful problems deploying this to godaddy and im running into difficulties when trying to create a new document type.

Firstly I created my document type. I then went to create a transformation but received a warning that the virtual path provider wasn't running and it directed me to ~/cmstransformations. I browsed here on the server but it hasnt created a folder for my new document type or any transformations. I then decided to run the site locally but connected to the same database. I re-created the document type which also failed to create any files in the cmstransformations folder. I thought I'd try using the default transformation anyway and included a cmsrepeater control on the page pointing at the folder which stores some of my new documents. I received the following error:

http://www.bluweb.co.uk/image.jpg

I'm not sure what's going wrong as I don't receive any errors when creating the new document type or configuring it in the first place. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

tom.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/28/2010 5:06:26 AM

RE:Error when creating document type.
Hi Tom,

Could you please see this article? GoDaddy probably uses the medium trust enviroment. Configuration for Medium Trust environment

I would recommend you to develop the site on your local machine and deploy it to live server. Please see here how you can deploy the site to live server: Deployment to the live server

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

sales-bluweb.co - 1/31/2010 11:22:52 AM

Hi.

Many thanks for your reply. I've managed to get this working now. Are you able to help me with another issue? I've created my document type and i want to display them at random using the cmsrepeater control. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 2/6/2010 3:56:58 AM

Hi Tom,

You can use Random document web part that is based on CMSRepeater.

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek