Site structure
Version 4.x > Site structure > Continous Versioning and Backup View modes: 
Yalın - 9/16/2009 9:49:20 AM

Continous Versioning and Backup
I would like to inquire the best way how we can use Kentico to automatically backup and version all of our changes to page content as well as documents such as docs and pdfs.

I can't seem to find any documentation concerning such function which is worrying me, because a small mistake during development seems irreversible with our current set up.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/17/2009 3:51:07 AM

RE:Continous Versioning and Backup
Hi,

One option is to schedule custom scheduled task, which will periodically export the site, so you will have export packages of the site.

Second option is to set the SQL server to backup your DB periodically and for the project folder you can use one of many third party tools for backup files on file system.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

dlents-coleyfederal - 4/6/2011 10:42:42 AM

Please provide sample code to create a custom scheduled task to create an export package for a web site.

The development guide has a general discussion of the topic. The API documentation references interaction with existing scheduled tasks.

I would like to see more information about task creation. For example, how do you programatically select objects to export?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 4/7/2011 11:45:22 AM

Hi,

You can find the documentation on scheduling custom code here - Scheduling a custom code

and the API example for exporting site is here: import and export of the site.

Regrettably, there are no api examples for objects export yet. I am sorry for this inconveience. You need to export the whole site using the API above. Or, you can go through the UI files used in import/export UI and check their code behind to see more about this (/CMSModules/ImportExport/SiteManager/ExportObjects.aspx).

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus