Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 4.x > Bug reports > upload solution View modes: 
joaocunhamachado-gmail - 4/26/2013 2:28:50 AM

upload solution
hello all,

I have the code and db of a project in kentico cms 6, what is the better way to put it working in my machine?

Cheers

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 4/26/2013 4:47:07 AM

RE:upload solution
Hello,

You can just restore the database backup in your SQL server, point the connection string from the web.config file in the project folder to that new database and convert the project folder to the application in the IIS under appropriate application pool.

Best regards,
Jan Hermann

joaocunhamachado-gmail - 4/26/2013 6:16:33 AM

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your answer. I was struggling to put the site in the IIS but I think that finally got it. I'm trying to develop with VS 2012 but the compilation and visualization are way to slow. Is this normal? I think that there are a lot of kentico folders that I don't need in this solution. Do you know if it is possible to remove them?

Cheers and thanks once again

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 4/27/2013 7:59:31 AM

Hello.

The speed always depends on particular HW / SW configuration. However, can you clarify what exactly you mean by ""too slow?" What operation you refer to and how long does it take? Please note, first load (compilation) always takes longer. Once it is compiled and cached, it should be faster.

As for folders, instead of deleting particular folder after the installation, it is better to choose Custom installation and choose what parts you wish not to be installed.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik