New features Please use http://kentico.uservoice.com as the primary place to submit your suggestions and allow others to vote for your ideas!
Version 4.x > New features > Scheduler, Mail problems View modes: 
asdf-asdf - 5/4/2009 4:41:35 AM

Scheduler, Mail problems
I have been digging for a whole day why emails are not being send out - scheduler.
It's even in knowledge with the pretty name "Problems with scheduler" it would be great if the name was "Problems with emails".
Could you guys simple add a feature that will alert you during site creating (new web site wizard) or ONE SINGLE page with all steps which are required to be done?
You know about all problems you should be aware of?
1. Create domain alias (license missing...)
2. Configure SMTP (scheduler problem, test mail cannot be send, etc...)

Or I would like every error to pop up on me (I know i can use mail notify) with a possible cause and sollution if its known. So I dont have to search for it.

Kioton

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 5/7/2009 10:24:38 AM

RE:Scheduler, Mail problems
Hi,

The name of the article is problems with scheduler because the scheduler is causing the problem and not only e-mails are not sent, so if it would be named "Problems with e-mails", it will be confusing for other users.

Also, your suggestion is very good - therefore we try to build the Knowledge base but it is not possible to think of every possible problem - there can be thousands of scenarios. I understand that it would be great if the customer or user do not have to look for something, but event in the super-market you have to look for the milk if you are new there (no offence :-)).

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus