New features Please use http://kentico.uservoice.com as the primary place to submit your suggestions and allow others to vote for your ideas!
Version 4.x > New features > Membership queries.. View modes: 
polarwarp-gmail - 3/2/2009 12:55:11 AM

Membership queries..
I see that there's a property to allow user's to control the visibility of certain fields of their membership/profile. I tick this checkbox - but I don't see any ability to control the visibility of the fields. Could someone please explain this to me?

Ideally we would want a bunch of profile fields - and allow users to set which ones are visible to other people.

Is it also possible in the new Community features - to have one profile shown to other users, and a different profile (more fields shown) to your friends?

And is it possible to include a person's image/avatar in the friend's list - as out of the box has a table of text without this information. Is it a matter of updating the transformation to also reference a particular value??

I have been reading the developer's guide and also the webparts guide - but I'm not having my luck in playing with Kentico to achieve what I'm after.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 3/17/2009 7:30:17 AM

RE:Membership queries..
Hi,

I'm sorry that there has been such a delay. Maybe you've found some answers already...
Anyway... I'll try to help.

The visibility can be controlled if you enable "Apply user's visibility settings" for the specific webpart.
Please see configuring the webparts article in DevGuide. The whole chapter treats of the visibility of custom fields.

Regarding visibility of more fields for friends, please see friends module documentation - examples of use and note the "Display to friends" settings and related chapter link.

The avatars in Friends list webpart could be displayed only after some customization, because the list is displayed using UniGrid control. The code files are located in CMSModules\Friends\Controls\ folder. Structure and appearance of this grid is defined in FriendsList.xml file. You will need to add the column for avatar and ensure loading of appropriate dataset in LoadData() method in FriendsList.ascx.cs. You can get the avatar according to UserID using API.

Should you need any further information (e.g. on this customization), feel free to ask.

Regards,
Zdenek C.