Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Exchange settings? View modes: 
elle-techwriter - 2/27/2013 1:52:03 PM

Exchange settings?
Hello,
Are there any specific settings we need to make on the Exchange server to allow the CMS to send confirmation messages to domain names other than ours? By this I mean when someone fills out the Bizform I want an autoresponder to be sent. At the moment when this happens I get a message that 'the requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable'.

If I use a different mail server (i.e. one of my private domain names hosted on a Linux platform) I am able to send these autoresponder e-mails out just fine. If I enter the Exchange server information I am unable to do so. This leads me to believe there is something that needs to be changed on the Exchange server, not the CMS.

I am able to send mail to addresses on the same domain name so I do have some interaction with the mail server.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Elle

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 3/5/2013 7:31:37 AM

RE:Exchange settings?
Hello Elle,

This is a definitely exchange settings issue. Maybe you are behind a proxy server or something, try to google for a solution especially when it comes to Exchange server:
Google - requested action not taken mailbox unavailable exchange

In forum threads I've found following:
Question: Do you use other firewall or smtp gateway for your exchange email system?
Answer: It was a hidden proxy option.

You can also try to contact your server administrator.

I hope this will help you

Best regards,
Martin Danko