Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Recover site and db on local : Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'. View modes: 
Fabien Calais - 1/7/2011 3:39:30 AM

Recover site and db on local : Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'.
Hello,

I use KenticoCMS 4.0
I tried to recover my site and my db from my hosting server to my local computer (localhost).
but when i tried to connect, I have an server error message :
[DataConnection.ExecuteQuery]: Query: Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration: caused exception: Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'.

The db_owner is both 'dbo' and another one, lets say 'winhd_sa'
all the tables and stored procedure are prefixed with 'winhd_sa'

my connection string in the webconfig is the following :
<add name="CMSConnectionString" connectionString="Persist Security Info=False;database=kenticoCMS;server=MYCOMPUTER;user id=winhd_sa;password=mypassword;Current Language=English;Connection Timeout=240;"/>

on the hosting server the setting of the db_owner is set on 'dbo'

Any idea to how solve this error?

I tried to export the whole site and import it on a clean installation of KenticoCMS but the import wizard freeze when copying objects.

So i have no solution to recover my site if anything happens

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/11/2011 3:39:47 AM

RE:Recover site and db on local : Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'.
Hello,

I will send you the instructions how to unify your database schemes by e-mail. It seems there are different schemas in your database.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

les@s7mediadesign.com - 2/7/2011 1:57:34 AM

RE:Recover site and db on local : Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'.
I have had a similar problem with version 5.5. The difference is I moved a live site from one server to another, copying the database over. The database worked fine on the first server but not on the second one. The tables etc. are prefixed with a user name rather than dbo. I am not sure how that happened, my other Kentico databases are not like that.
Any help or ideas you could help me would be great. Thanks.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/7/2011 3:18:26 AM

Hi,

You have probably restored the DB under different user account which has set different DB owner and scheme. I have already sent you a message with instructions document how to change it back to DBO.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

layek.suman-gmail - 3/21/2013 2:49:44 AM

RE:Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'.
I am facing the same problem with a database of Kentico5.0.3671 .the prefix of all the tables, views, storedprocedures are different in place of "dbo" and got the error
[DataConnection.ExecuteReader]: Query: Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration: caused exception: Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'.

Please reply me with the solution.

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 3/21/2013 3:36:12 AM

RE:Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectGeneration'.
Hello Layek,

Please download the following document: how-to-change-owner-of-db-objects-pdf.
The password is: Kentico

Best regards,
Martin Danko

sergio-circolodiapason - 8/26/2011 4:03:30 AM

Please, could you send me the same instructions?

Best regards
Sergio Daviddi

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/26/2011 5:16:29 AM

Hi,

I just sent the instructions to your e-mail.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

raferty - 9/20/2011 3:17:33 PM

Please, could you send me the same instructions?

steffanwoodhead-hotmail - 9/23/2011 4:16:41 AM

Hi, I have a similar problem. The hard drive on our web server died and we can't recover it. We back up the SQL server but failed to back up the web server.
We have got the site back up using a backup of an early version that I had on my laptop, but we can't get the up to date one on.

We installed Kentico on a spare web server, but I think we might have overwritten the database we had on our SQL server with my laptop version - we have the up to date SQL version backed up but how do we restore it?

Any help would be gratefully accepted!!!

Steffan Woodhead

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/25/2011 12:57:49 AM

Hi,

I am sorry but your description is pretty confusing.
So, you have overwritten the DB with that one from your laptop, correct? If so, why don't you use the previous backup again (or the way you restored it previously)?

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

steffanwoodhead-hotmail - 9/27/2011 6:51:59 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm sorry if I am not very coherent. I am only a teacher in a shool, and I look after the content of the school website.

The hard drive on the web server died. So the IT boys replaced the server and re-installed kentico on the new one. In the middle of the istallation process they used an early backup I had. So now we have a very early version of the webite working. My worry was that the backup they used has overwritten what was on the SQL server.

The IT boys regularly back up all the servers (apart from the web server) automatically, so we can restore the SQL server to a state it was in just before the web server went down. My question is "Will it be that easy?" (Please say yes)

The IT boys are very busy in the school and I am afraid that they might not have the time to try and restore website if it is too fiddly. I've been looking at the Kentico Developers Guide but I can't find anything relevant to my situation.

Steffan

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 9/28/2011 1:43:52 PM

Hello,

Yes, all the content is saved in two locations. In the database and in the file system. If you have the correct files in the file system, you just need to restore the database. Sometimes, the database restoration is sufficient together with the default files in the file system. That's when you don't have any custom files in the file system, such as media files, css files, saved attachments only in the filesystem and a few more. However, most of the information is saved into the database, like content of the pages, layouts of pages, file attachments. So in your case I would recommend you to try to restore the database to the most recent possible. If you have the backup of the project folder (or if the project folder wasn't affected by the drive failure), even better, you have a complete backup of your system.
In general, if you are using the portal engine, more data is stored in the database. If you are using the ASPX approach, more data is usually stored in the file system.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

srikanth - 2/9/2012 3:01:38 AM

Can you please send me the instructions?

raziehvejdani-yahoo - 6/27/2013 7:34:31 AM

Hello.
I have the same problem.
Please, could you send me the instructions?

Thanks.

dhanrajm-bitwiseglobal - 8/14/2013 1:45:08 AM

Hi

I am using the CMS version 2.3 and i have downloaded database and source code from production and dumped to local for upgradtion.

i am getting the error
"[DataConnection.ExecuteQuery]: Query: Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectAll: caused exception: Could not find stored procedure 'Proc_CMS_QueryProvider_SelectAll'"

please send me the instruction to remove the errors

Regards
Dhanraj

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_romank - 8/15/2013 1:15:49 AM

Hi,

Did you follow the instructions my colleague posted earlier in this thread? It did not help you to solve the problem?

Best Regards,
Roman Konicek