Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again. View modes: 
jeff-henty - 2/4/2010 9:09:32 AM

Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.
Suddenly no one, including me as the administrator, is able to log in to my web site or CMS Desk or CMS Manager.

It worked fine yesterday and today it won't work.

I signed out of CMS Desk and now it won't let me sign back in.

Any suggestions???

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 2/4/2010 9:32:06 AM

RE:Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.
Hello.

What message do you receive when try to log in?
Could you please delete your password in database, CMS_User table and try it with blank password (and then change it to new one in Site Manager -> Administration -> Users section)?

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

jeff-henty - 2/4/2010 12:22:07 PM

The message I get is "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again."

I have fixed my password, but may need to fix all of my users' passwords, as well.

I have been able to recreate the event which seems to be corrupting the password.

I had a user click on the "Forgot Password" link. Each time I fix my password and then click on that link, it gets corrupted again.

Under the "Forgot Password" link is a "Send Password" button. When this button is clicked, it displays a message that says "Failed to send the password: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address." and then the password gets corrupted.

Is this a known bug?

Is there a fix?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 2/17/2010 8:50:30 AM

Hello Jeff.

I am not aware of such a bug. Can you clarify few thinks?
1. What version of Kentico CMS do you use? 4.0 or 4.1?
2. Have you applied any hotfix?
3. Have you modified somehow our default Logon form web part or its code-behind?

Is the password corrupted just when you click "Forgotten password" link, before you click "Send password?" The error with Send password - does it mean that you are not able to receive an email with a new password at all? Thank you for your answers to my questions above.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

jeff-henty - 2/17/2010 9:04:31 AM

Radek,

I have found the solution to the problem. It was operator error at my end.

The email address I entered in the "Send email from" box of the logon form web part was incorrectly formatted (i.e. admin.henty.biz instead of admin@henty.biz). I must have typed too fast...

I did not realize that when you click the "Forgot Password" link it generated a new password, as well. Without receiving the email, it was impossible to know what the new password was.

Your help in resetting the password was invaluable.

Now that I corrected my mistake, it works fine.

Thanks for your help.

MUBASHIR ALI - 5/11/2011 1:08:52 AM

i have installed the KenticoCMS 5.5 R2 on my local machine. The message i get is "your login attempt was not successfull. please try again"

for this solution i have removed/changed username and password in the databse CMS_User table and trying with blank password but i can't login.

How to reset the Global Administrator password ?
can any one help me
HitRose

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 5/11/2011 1:45:58 AM

Hello.

This message indicates that either user name or password is wrong. When install new fresh instance, user name is „administrator“ with blank password (just leave password textbox empty). I would recommend you not to change password in DB, but delete it instead. If the UserPassword column is empty for given user, you must be able to login via her user name. Or, you can use your e-mail address (Email column) and use „Forgotten password“ link, which is available on Examples / Web parts / Membership / Logon form page.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Lechero - 8/26/2013 8:00:08 AM

Hello,
I have the same problem as Jeff only I've try everything you mention up here in the conversation and no success:
remove pass ( made it blank ) - no success
try new simple and complex pass - no success
change name of Administrator user - no success
try some other things around the DB - no success

I would like to mention that I have strong feeling that this was an outside attack on my inside web... so I would appreciate if you can help me with some hints about what can be changed...

Best Regards,
Zlate Pa

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 8/26/2013 8:08:09 AM

Hello.

Could you please refer to the following knowledge-base article and try its suggestions? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Lechero - 8/30/2013 7:47:01 AM

Hello again,

I've try every possible suggestion that was given... and much more... it just give me that same msg and i can't login with admin or any other user.

I don't know what to do i haven't seen something like this till now...

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 8/31/2013 1:16:49 AM

Hello,

Have you checked the CMS_User table in the DB and tried e.g. clearing the password? Restart of the application may be required - e.g. by doing a fake change in web.config file.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus