Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > When accessing KenticoCMS first time after installation getting error request timed out View modes: 
amol.gavali-wipro - 9/11/2009 5:24:30 AM

When accessing KenticoCMS first time after installation getting error request timed out
When I am accessing KenticoCMS first time after installation i am getting following error:
Server Error in '/KenticoCMS' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

amol.gavali-wipro - 9/11/2009 5:56:58 AM

RE:When accessing KenticoCMS first time after installation getting error request timed out
Its solved.

amenavadei-hotmail - 4/29/2012 6:00:31 PM

RE:When accessing KenticoCMS first time after installation getting error request timed out
i receive this error message , how can i solve it.please help
Server Error in '/KenticoCMS' Application.
Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 4/29/2012 7:36:00 PM

Hi,

What happens if you try to refresh the page?
Could you please check whether the connection to the SQL server is OK?
Could you please check also the application pool settings in IIS and if the server process is running?
Have you tried restarting the computer?

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus