Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Regarding Page not found !!! View modes: 
vaibhav.41-gmail - 6/19/2009 7:31:10 AM

Regarding Page not found !!!
After Insltallation of Kentico I choose E commerce site as a starter site. Installation happen successfully.
but after installation when site opens page is blank. nothing came on the site.
then I open the site in CMSdesk the I got this error when I click preview or Live site.

Server Error in '/KenticoCMS' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /KenticoCMS/Home.aspx/PortalTemplate.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

Please help me our..

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 6/24/2009 7:01:22 AM

RE:Regarding Page not found !!!
Hi,

What are you IIS settings? Is there any other web site installed?
What is the physical folders structure and also how are configured the virtual directories in IIS?
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

pricend-gmail - 12/17/2009 6:57:23 AM

Hi I'm getting almost the same error, however I have installed the corporate site.

The basic iis settings are pointing to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\KenticoCMS\ there is no home.aspx in this directory.
I can browse to the default.aspx page in this dir.

The home.aspx page is in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\KenticoCMS\CMSTemplates\CorporateSiteAspx or http://localhost/KenticoCMS/CMSTemplates/CorporateSiteAspx/home.aspx and I can browse to this but it looks nothing like the KenticoCMS/home.aspx that displays in the CMS desk.

No other websites, no virtual directories configured.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nathan

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 12/21/2009 1:16:24 AM

Hi,

Which development model are you using? ASPX or portal templates?

In general, the content of the web site is stored in the database. The home.aspx file your are writing about, is just an ASPX page template for home document - it has no content, just web parts and controls which are displaying content.

Could you please go through one of the tutorials to see how Kentico CMS works: Documentation. I hope it will help.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus