Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Import Site Documents Question View modes: 
Kentico MVP
Kentico MVP
bmckeiver-bizstream - 12/28/2009 2:10:26 PM

Import Site Documents Question
I'm trying to refresh the content tree, "all documents", from one server to another of the same site. Basically I want to replicate content from my live site back down to my dev enviornment.

I have used the export site functionality and then imported that zip and selected the import new documents only option, and that did work to get all new documents. However there are many more documents that already existed and I want the new edits to be replicated down as well.

I noticed this in the help documentation from here

"Please note

When importing into an existing site, only new documents can be imported. Modified documents that are already present on the target server will not be overwritten."

So that all makes sense except it doesnt do what I need. Is there a way to get the modified documents over ?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_mirekr - 12/28/2009 2:29:38 PM

RE:Import Site Documents Question
Hi,

For this purpose you can use Content staging module:

http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/module_content_staging_overview.htm

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,
Miroslav Remias.

Kentico MVP
Kentico MVP
bmckeiver-bizstream - 12/28/2009 2:55:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I started to go down this path, but got stopped when I went to the Content Staging node in CMSDesk -> Tools. I got this message:

The requested feature is not available in the CMS edition you are using: Professional.

So Im assuming this is an enterprise edition feature only ?

If so is there another way to do it ? (I don't have enterprise)

Thanks

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 12/29/2009 4:20:19 AM

Hello,

Regrettably, there is no other way. The Content Staging module is actually intended for this purpose. You can optionally export and import whole site or you may consider upgrading your license to be able to use Content Staging.

Best Regard,

Martin Dobsicek