Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Copying Document Types between sites on the same server View modes: 
paul.james-excelium.co - 2/19/2010 4:15:28 AM

Copying Document Types between sites on the same server
Hi

I am trying to build several localised websites under a single cmssitemanager

The sites are not linked in the usual kentico sense (i.e. there is no master site for translation). They are effectively seperate sites using the same code base.

In order to get them to work I need to make a copy of the document types I'm using for each site, ( so that I can put in localised field labels/descriptions whilst retaining the same database field names and attributes)

So where Site1 might have the document type Site1.News, Site2 would have a Site2.News document type which would have the same fields and attributes but localised form fields.

As far as I can see the only way I can create the localised document types is to build them from scratch, however this is taking forever to do...

So is there any way I can copy them? essentially I want to take a document type from one site, copy it, and then assign it to another with a modified namespace.

I can then go in afterwards and add the localised text.

Any advice/solutions on this would be appreciated and may save me from going mad :)

Thanks

Paul James

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 2/23/2010 8:08:29 AM

RE:Copying Document Types between sites on the same server
Hello,

Regrettably, cloning of document types isn't provided in the current version of Kentico CMS. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. We are considering this feature requirement. You can also vote for this feature on http://kentico.uservoice.com - it supports the implementation if there are many voices. You may vote here: http://kentico.uservoice.com/forums/33767-general-suggestions/suggestions/392432-copy-document-type?ref=title for this feature.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova