Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Java Error "unknown command name "BlockQuote" View modes: 
vablonde25-aol - 1/12/2010 11:55:40 AM

Java Error "unknown command name "BlockQuote"
Hi there,

Started having an issue with Firefox and Safari users with the inline editor tool. I get an error "Unknown Command Name Blockquote" when editors try to edit via Firefox or Safari browsers. IE works without issue.

Anyone have any ideas on what to fix?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 1/12/2010 12:59:53 PM

RE:Java Error "unknown command name "BlockQuote"
Hello,

This seems to be a bug in FCKEditor. There are several mentions about this in the editor forums, e.g. here.

In KenticoCMS 4.1 version, we use FCK 2.6.3. The newest FCK (now CK) Editor version on the web is 3.0 and in the demo, the Blockquote works fine in FireFox. However it's a difficult process to integrate new version into KenticoCMS because we use our own dlls and functions.
We tried to find any workaround or fix to this, however without success yet, the editor code for Firefox seems to miss some definition(s).

Anyway you could enter the block quotes tag manually in the 'Source' view mode of the FCKEditor. When you hit the 'Source' button from the toolbar you switch the content to HTML source view. You could simply wrap required text with the '<blockquote>...</blockquote>' HTML tags so achieve what you actually mean.

I'd also suggest to contact FCKeditor community (currently it has been renamed to CK Editor), e.g. in the above linked forum...

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

vablonde25-aol - 1/12/2010 1:55:46 PM

Thanks Boris,

Can you be a little more specific on which source file I need to correct? I think the blockquote is embedded in the template file, because if I click the source button there are no references to blockquotes in what little code I can see.

Should I be looking at the actual template file and is the blockquote something that can just be removed?

Thank you

wendy

vablonde25-aol - 1/12/2010 2:08:30 PM

Is this the correct file? \CMSAdminControls\FCKeditor\editor\fckeditor.html

I see the blockquote in the html but I'm not clear on what I need to do to correct it. (Sorry, I'm a coding amateur)

blockquote,.FCK__ShowBlocks h1,.FCK__ShowBlocks h2,.FCK__ShowBlocks h3,.FCK__ShowBlocks h4,.FCK__ShowBlocks h5,.FCK__ShowBlocks h6{background-repeat:no-repeat;border:1px dotted gray;padding-top:8px;padding-left:8px}.FCK__ShowBlocks p{background-image:url(images/block_p.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks div{background-image:url(images/block_div.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks pre{background-image:url(images/block_pre.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks address{background-image:url(images/block_address.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks blockquote{background-image:url(images/block_blockquote.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks h1{background-image:url(images/block_h1.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks h2{background-image:url(images/block_h2.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks h3{background-image:url(images/block_h3.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks h4{background-image:url(images/block_h4.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks h5{background-image:url(images/block_h5.png)}.FCK__ShowBlocks h6{background-image:url(images/block_h6.png)}');
var FCK_ShowTableBordersCSS = FCKTools.FixCssUrls( FCKConfig.BasePath + 'css/', 'table:not([border]),table:not([border]) > tr > td,table:not([border]) > tr > th,table:not([border]) > tbody > tr > td,table:not([border]) > tbody > tr > th,table:not([border]) > thead > tr > td

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 1/12/2010 3:24:49 PM

Hello,

By editing the source of the text I meant the following:
(Please see the linked image)

Regular view

Source code

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

vablonde25-aol - 1/12/2010 8:33:00 PM

Thanks Boris,

I was looking there first, the issue I have is even when looking at the source view, i don't see any blockquote references.

Should I be editing the actual templates themselves? They were custom built by a kentico gold partner and if I do have to edit the template, what's the best way to do that?

Wierd thing is, I built out all the site pages with firefox back in December and just ran into this error a couple days ago.

Any other thoughts?

:)

vablonde25-aol - 1/13/2010 8:10:35 AM

Is there anyway to manually upgrade the FCKeditor? I only get this error with text boxes, if I remove the text box the error doesn't show up. Very odd

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 1/14/2010 8:27:46 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately, that is not possible.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 1/14/2010 8:30:59 AM

Hello,

If thre is a problem with the template, try to edit it. If it is an aspx page try to edit it in Visual Studio.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko