Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Exporting a site with 55K users View modes: 
ArifKhan - 9/15/2009 5:38:09 PM

Exporting a site with 55K users
I have imported about 55000 users to cms_user table from our backend system. Now when I try to export the website, it just stays on the export screen after trying to process the Export request. There is an option of excluding users when Importing but not during export. So I had to delete my 55K users and then exported the site - which worked.

So is there a limitation on number of users or is there an issue with export process. Alternatively, what is the best way of Exporting the site in my case?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/16/2009 4:32:01 AM

RE:Exporting a site with 55K users
Hi,

The problem could be in the SQL query which is being generated since SQL server has limited length for WHERE condition in the SQL query.

Moreover, which version are you using? The option not to select the users is available also when exporting the site in Administration -> Users section.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

ArifKhan - 9/16/2009 4:55:35 PM

Hi Juraj,

SQL query limitation is exactly the reason the export is failing. We are using version 4.1. Can you please point me to the exact option under Administration -> Users section in Site Manager as it does not seem to be obvious to me.

Regards

Arif

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/17/2009 3:45:56 AM

Hi,

I am sorry for the confusion. I thought that we were talking about Import/Export so I meant it during the export of the site, in the step 2 (Exporting a site) and there you can list the objects and select which should be exported.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

ArifKhan - 9/17/2009 4:44:10 PM

Hi Juraj,

Yes it is Import/Export but it fails on Step 1 so I don't have a chance to exclude users in Step 2. The error I am getting is:

[DataConnection.ExecuteQuery]: Query: SELECT UserName FROM CMS_User WHERE UserID IN (53, 65, 66, 67.....) ORDER BY 1: caused exception: Internal error: An expression services limit has been reached. Please look for potentially complex expressions in your query, and try to simplify them.

Regards

Arif

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/21/2009 6:51:07 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately you are right, the users are being pre selected in the first step.

We are already working on this issue, I have discussed it with the developer. We are solving some issues for better scalability for the 5.0 version, so maybe this issue will be fixed in the next release. I am sorry for the inconveniences.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

ArifKhan - 9/21/2009 5:40:18 PM

Thanks Juraj for the update. I will try to work around this issue till it gets fixed.

Regards

Arif

ArifKhan - 1/12/2010 5:22:23 PM

Hi Juraj,

Has this been fixed in version 5.0?

Thanks

Arif

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 1/13/2010 3:48:13 AM

Hi,

Regrettably there was no time left for this. CTO has ensured me that he will try to look at this in the upcoming version 5.5. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus