Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Content staging with media libraries and custom tables View modes: 
Polypod_Chad - 6/24/2009 4:39:05 AM

Content staging with media libraries and custom tables
I've been trying out synchronising a whole site from a staging server to a live server and have noticed any custom table data that has changed is not synched although I've set up document/object change logging and global object change logging.

I followed the steps outlined in the dev guide and the sychronisation appears to be running successfully, is there some setting I've overlooked? do i need to turn on global document change logging?

Also if i want to synch media library files, is it just a case of turning on the web farm synchronisation module?

thanks in advance

Chad

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 6/30/2009 3:48:38 AM

RE:Content staging with media libraries and custom tables
Hi,

I am sorry but in current version the content staging is not synchronizing custom tables data and files from disk.

For media library synchronization - the physical files, you need to use web farms or you can use some synchronization software which will synchronize the folders.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 11/15/2010 2:09:58 AM

RE:Content staging with media libraries and custom tables
Hello,

Just to update this thread, the staging of physical files for media files was implemented in version 5.0. There is a web.config settings key called CMSMediaFileMaxStagingSize to define the maximal size of the files, which should be synchronized, because of issues which could be caused by large files.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko