Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > Disapointed with Kentico / Upgrade Issue View modes: 
KeithInAsia - 3/19/2010 1:14:20 AM

Disapointed with Kentico / Upgrade Issue
My site crashed at WebHost4Life running 3.1a. Tried to upgrade office development machine with 4.0 license before re-deploying to new ISP.

Upgrade procedure fails with run time errors that are very difficult to decipher.

I have no support because I'm outside my $400 a year maintenance contract. I'm screwed.

Has anyone else been successful with the 3.1a to 4.0 upgrade?

Better to just hard copy all input files over with both Kentico versions running on development machine before deploying to new ISP?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 3/22/2010 2:56:15 AM

RE:Disapointed with Kentico / Upgrade Issue
Hi,

Could you please post here the errors you are getting? Are you following the upgrade instructions?

There are hundreds of customers who have upgraded from 3.1a version to newer versions without problems.

And I am sorry but I am not getting the meaning of the last question. I am not sure what you want to do right now. Could you be more specific please?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

KeithInAsia - 3/22/2010 3:16:13 AM

Looks like my SQL server data was wiped out. I ran the upgrade script against it and received error messages and now when I browse into it -- no tables.

I have a back up of the entire 3.1a installation. Can you point me to the SQL data in that back up area?

I'll restore those data files and then try to run the SQL upgrade script again.

Thanks

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 3/24/2010 6:44:23 AM

Hi,

I am sorry but I am not getting the meaning of "Can you point me to the SQL data in that back up area?". Could you be more specific please?

If you have backup of your DB, you can restore it as it is usual on the SQL server. If you are using hosting provider, regrettably I do not know how it works there, since every provider has different policy for this.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus