Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > unable to insert media via the wysiwyg-editor View modes: 
rookie07 - 9/11/2009 4:19:56 AM

unable to insert media via the wysiwyg-editor
hey there,

i just deployed a web-app build on the kentico cms 4.1 on a server at 1und1.de. they've got medium trust level so i saved the files to disk like described in the doc.

if i want to insert a hyperlink or media via the editor i just get the error message: The system cannot find the file specified.

i've looked on the filesystem on the server (via ftp) and the file is there (default.aspx). iallmost gave the whole folder write-permission to the networkservice (user) because i was thinking this might be a permission-problem, but it didn't fix the problem.

i created the web-app locally with the 4.1 trial version - the documents culture was set to german. when i deployed the web app i got a free licence and had to copy every document to a english culture version...

any suggestions?
thank you al lot!!!

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/11/2009 6:38:38 AM

RE:unable to insert media via the wysiwyg-editor
Hi,

In Free license there is no multilingual support. I can send you a temporary key, where you can change the culture to German and use only this one and then replace the license with your current, if you wish.

Regarding the images what is the link to the image? Isn't it possible that the links are pointing to the local development server you have used?

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

rookie07 - 9/11/2009 6:46:19 AM

hi juraj,

thank you for the offer, but it is allready working with the copied documents - i just thought this might be a usfull information.

i don't think there is a mismatch with local and live server. as soon as i click on the hyperlink-icon, or the insert image or media-button i get the error-message:

The system cannot find the file specified.

the url of the popup is:

http://test.promontam.de/promontam_kentico/CMSFormControls/Selectors/InsertImageOrMedia/Default.aspx?output=html&link=1&documentid=4&parentid=3&siteid=1&hash=abb10efeecca988b18f30efc8147a5bd8573627ead0bc6ea5b4abcafb13dfd3f

this means the system allready is searching the file on the live server.

i've also created a new document and tried it again, with the same result (error)

local ist works, that is why i was first thinking of a permission-problem (medium trust level...)

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/18/2009 5:50:30 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the details. Just to be clear, this file is present on the live server:

/CMSFormControls/Selectors/InsertImageOrMedia/Default.aspx ?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

rookie07 - 9/18/2009 6:03:04 AM

yes, like i wrote in my first posting whe i click in the editor on the insert-icon the url is:

http://test.promontam.de/promontam_kentico/CMSFormControls/Selectors/InsertImageOrMedia/Default.aspx?output=html&content=media&documentid=4&parentid=3&siteid=1&hash=3c5617946c660ce3180453785a09d2d282642fb5ce579f6be324efdfb2bf2291

if i search the directories via ftp, i find the file in:

ftp:/u53403893/promontam_kentico_/CMSFormControls/Selectors/InsertImagesOrMedia/Default.aspx

if i just call the url:

http://test.promontam.de/promontam_kentico/CMSFormControls/Selectors/InsertImageOrMedia/Default.aspx

i get following error message:

Failed to load dialog parameters
The dialog parameters are not consistent, please try to reopen the dialog.

regards,
s.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 9/21/2009 8:22:07 AM

Hi,

It is very strange, could you please send us a screen shot of the error to support@kentico.com and if it is possible, the access credentials to the CMS would be appreciated as well.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

rookie07 - 9/21/2009 8:44:55 AM

ok, i'll send the email...

Yalın - 10/2/2010 3:27:30 PM

We are having this exact same problem here at the Utah State Office of Education, fully registered client. Please provide a fix as soon as feasible.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 10/6/2010 7:32:44 AM

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Regrettably, this seems to be a bug in the 5.5 version. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. We will try fix it in the nearest version or in the next hotfix package for this particular Kentico CMS version.

The problem is that the application path in the dialogs is not added correctly.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

aim - 10/28/2010 4:31:01 PM

Has this been resolved? I just started to see this today. I have the latest hotfix installed on 5.5.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 10/29/2010 5:34:27 AM

Hi,
Where exactly you see this issue? Is it in the insert media dialog or when trying to use the path selector?

In first case the issue was already fixed whereas in the second case it is, regrettably, new bug and it is currently being fixed. I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Yalın - 10/2/2010 3:31:45 PM

User image

Requested screen-shot attached.

Yalın - 10/2/2010 3:41:02 PM

User image

File Verification and Content Screen-shot, just in case!!!