Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 4.x > Installation and deployment > /getdoc not working for a specific template View modes: 
Randar Puust - 4/30/2009 8:40:12 PM

/getdoc not working for a specific template
I'm in the process of evaluating Kentico and was trying to port over a simple existing site to see how hard it might be to move to Kentico.

I created a new site based on the blank template. I made it a Web Application (as opposed to a Web Site) and almost everything seems to be working. CMS Desk, Site Manager, etc.

The only thing that is not working is I created a template based on an existing Home.aspx page. I followed the tutorial and I don't think I missed anything. But when I go into Edit mode, I get:

The resource cannot be found.
Requested URL: /getdoc/aa413fbb-70aa-486e-9420-f7654b156737/Home.aspx

The Form, Preview, Live Site mode all work as expected. I'm new to Kentico, so I'm not sure how to diagnose it.

Notes:
-I created another page using the "Home page with top image and three columns" template and it works fine. So I think the problem is my template.
-The page has quite rich HTML, javascript, etc. Enough that I wouldn't want to post it here unless I have to.
-There is nothing in the code behind besides an empty Page_Load.
-It references two user controls which are also very simple.
-There are links to images in a sub-folder off the root, such as /home.cfm_files/CSLogo.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Randar

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 5/12/2009 8:17:36 AM

RE:/getdoc not working for a specific template
Hi,

It is very strange. Could you please send us the layout of that page template? Moreover, could you please check the Event log in Site Manager -> Administration if there is any exception logged related to this problem and send it to us?
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Randar Puust - 5/12/2009 9:19:03 AM

RE:/getdoc not working for a specific template
Hello Juraj,

Thanks for the response. I actually got around the issue myself by rebuilding the template from scratch, piece by piece...and it worked. Problem resolved.