Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > Request friendship web part not working View modes: 
denise.sherwood-silkmoth - 7/8/2009 5:27:34 AM

Request friendship web part not working
I've add the "Request friendship" web part, however, it isn't working properly.

From the website I select "Add a friend". I then select a user using the search. I leave Send e-mail and Send message selected. Click on "Request" and get the following error message:

"Please select some user."

I've checked the settings of the webpart and the site settings against the sample community site and nothing is different.

Any ideas?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 7/9/2009 8:24:50 AM

RE:Request friendship web part not working
Hello,

could you please tell us if the Friend request works on the sample Community site?

If you select the searched user is his/her name in Add a new friend dialog window (User: his/her name)?

If you go to CMS Desk -> My Desk -> My friends -> My friends -> Add a friend is the behavior as same as on live site?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

denise.sherwood-silkmoth - 7/9/2009 8:37:04 AM

Yes, the friend request works on the sample community site. I've created my community site from scratch, following the CMS Community Guide document (from page 296).

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 7/10/2009 7:46:40 AM

We are solving this issue via e-mail so only for other visitors:
this problem may occur if the Request friendship web part is behind the Shortcuts web part. It is fixed in the 4.1 version. We will write a Knowledge base article with fix for the 4.0 version.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 7/13/2009 6:11:59 AM

Hello,

the workaround for the 4.0 version is here: http://devnet.kentico.com/Knowledge-Base/Web-parts---Controls/Request-friendship-web-part-does-not-working.aspx

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

keithwoodward-hotmail - 8/12/2013 3:18:44 PM

Quick question: Where is the "Select User" Modal web part? I need to edit it so that usernames are not shown to the other users?

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 8/12/2013 9:00:51 PM

Hello Keith,

This is old forums thread for version 4 which is not supported anymore. I've already answered this question in your ticket and also.. this question is not related to the topic of this thread so next time please create a new thread under appropriate version of Kentico. Thank you.

Regards,
Martin Danko