Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > Google site map not showing all pages to anonymous users View modes: 
Anth12 - 7/26/2013 10:31:07 AM

Google site map not showing all pages to anonymous users
Hi, hopefully this is a simple one but i cannot figure out why a live sites site map is only showing 2 pages when logged in then around a thousand when logged in.

The site has been live for a few years now and functions fine, the standard workflow is used and all pages that should be are published and check 'show in sitemap' in the properties tab...

It is most likely just a coincidence but the only two pages that do show when not logged in both have redirects, but i cant see any reason for that making a difference.

All pages that are only shown in the sitemap when logged in can of course be visited by anonymous users and do not require a user account to access.

Kentico V4.1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Anthony.

kentico_sandroj - 7/30/2013 3:57:45 PM

RE:Google site map not showing all pages to anonymous users
Hello,

When you encounter problems with pages missing in your sitemap, try checking for the following:

Manually excluded documents - specific documents may be excluded through their sitemap properties (Show in sitemap or Exclude from search).

Incorrect content filtering - review the content filtering properties of your Google Sitemap web part.

If the Document types property is empty, the sitemap only loads pages (CMS.MenuItem documents). Add the document types that you wish to have in the sitemap. You can use the asterisk (*) wildcard to specify all document types.

Broken document hierarchy - sections of the website may be excluded due to parent documents missing in the sitemap. To load all documents regardless of the parent‑child hierarchy in the content tree, disable the Hide children for hidden parent property of the Google Sitemap web part.

Please let us know if you do not find any issues with these settings.

Regards,
Sandro

Anth12 - 7/31/2013 3:11:41 PM

RE:Google site map not showing all pages to anonymous users
Some good suggestions, thank you.

I will have another look.

(forgot to mention its the CMSPages/googlesitemap.aspx file rather than the web part).

Thank,
Anthony