Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > Design mode not working suddenly View modes: 
brian.madsen-live - 3/25/2009 9:43:21 PM

Design mode not working suddenly
Version: 4.0

For the last week i've been busy creating content, setting up pages and generally getting around the Kentico system for v4.0.

Last night i made some changes to a page, which i wanted to undo this morning, so i went in and located the page, clicked on "Design" and saw it reload the page.

i clicked again...nothing.

thought i was doing something wrong, so i closed down IE, and tried again..still nothing.

for some reason, none of my pages can now be edited..i can change the masterpage layout template, i can create new pages, i can create files, events etc - but i cannot design the pages - can't change web parts (they are simply just not highlighted on the page in Design mode), can't add web parts and can't remove web parts.

Anybody seen this occur before? i've been trying it with IE8 and IE7, still nothing.

any help resolving this would be high appreciated.

thanks,
Brian H. Madsen

eagleag-yahoo - 3/26/2009 4:02:12 AM

RE:Design mode not working suddenly
maybe youve switched some of the templates to "aspx template" insted of templates been marked as Portal engine?
site manager -> development -> page templates -> your page ->

brian.madsen-live - 3/26/2009 4:08:04 AM

That's what i was concerned about - that somebody (even myself included) had inadvertedly done something wrong somewhere.

however, it's magically fixed itself again so all's good once more. seems that it was the cookies that's causing it..

Darren - 3/27/2009 6:41:02 AM

I've had this happen to me a few times. It's definately a cookie thing but not sure what triggers it. I usually end up deleting my cookies and then I'm fine again. Never seems to happen in Firefox though.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 3/27/2009 1:58:20 PM

Hi,

It happens mostly in IE. It seems that in this browser are the cookies not refreshed correctly according to the "design" or "edit" mode.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus