Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > Integrate Media Library tab in "Image Selection" Form control View modes: 
matthew.lee-reedbusiness.com - 3/22/2009 8:15:02 PM

Integrate Media Library tab in "Image Selection" Form control
Hi,

1. On the editable image webpart, I would be able to pick an image from the media library. I wonder if I can do the same thing on the "Image Selection" form control. Now, I could only pick an image from the file tree in the "Image Selection" form control now. Is it possible to add a "media library" tab which allows us to choose image file from the media library?

2. I read the documentation and found there is a button on the WYSIWYG editor which brings out the media library page and adds image path to the text. My recent project is going to integrate WYMEditor into Kentico4. I also want to dp the same thing on the WYMEditor. Is there any documentation to describe this in details?

Cheers,
Matt

ralph - 3/24/2009 8:14:07 PM

RE:Integrate Media Library tab in "Image Selection" Form control
Hi Matthew

I have a tight week and didn't have a look at the first issue.

However, I am wondering why you would want to replace the FCK Editor with something that hasn't even reached 1.x status?

I looked at the WYM site and I could not see anything that FCK can not do.

I tweaked my installation a bit so that each client can have its proper style sheets and they get - besides the width of their coloumns almost a perfect preview while editing. All this with only using css2 compatible tags, like p, h1, div span etc and classes.

ralph

matthew.lee-reedbusiness.com - 3/25/2009 8:00:38 AM

Hi ralph,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have a couple of reasons to adopt WYM editor in Kentico:

1. Most of our users do copy-and-paste content from MS-Word to the editors which contains many useless tags and bring up many issues to our system. One of the features in WYM editor would strip off all these tags automatically and only output W3C XHTML compliant code.

2. WYM editor displays obvious differences between <p> and <br> tags. Since our users are non-technical people, they would not go to the source code and check it carefully. And WYM displays clearly the structure of the content.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Matt

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 3/26/2009 6:24:39 AM

Hi,

1) In the version 4.1 will be available new dialogs for this in FCK editor and this functionality will be available.

2) Also in the 4.1 version will be possible to achieve your need. Unfortunately there is no documentation according to this right now, since many of the logic is placed in assemblies.

Regarding your other post - also in FCK editor you can copy and paste text from Word and remove the formatting - you can use the buttons in the toolbar: paste as plain text, paste from word, etc.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

matthew.lee-reedbusiness.com - 3/26/2009 8:20:05 AM

Hi Juraj,

Just take a thorough investigation on the FCK editor, it does satisfy my requirements.

Also, I am definitely look aftward to the version 4.1 and the extended functions of the media library. Excellent.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Matt