Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > E-mail queue Status "Waiting" and not receiving emails or email notifications View modes: 
dennisromano-gmail - 4/4/2009 12:41:41 AM

E-mail queue Status "Waiting" and not receiving emails or email notifications
I'm not able to receive emails or email notifications nor able to Send/Re-Send an email. All emails I've tried sending are stuck in the E-mail Queue "waiting" to be sent.

Any suggestions other than going to this page: http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/index.html?administrating_the_e_mail_queu.htm

Darren - 4/6/2009 3:53:38 AM

RE:E-mail queue Status "Waiting" and not receiving emails or email notifications
I had this and it turned out to be a problem with the web server.

Basically the server you are running the site on has to be able to see itself, i.e. you have to open up the webpage on that server from the domain exactly as it appears in the site manager. You may be able to see your site when you browse to it from your pc but if the server itself cannot resolve the domain then it won't work.

Emails were staying in the queue with a waiting status but when I fixed this they sent fine. This may or may not be your issue but it's worth trying this first. Hope this helps.

dennisromano-gmail - 4/6/2009 1:31:12 PM

RE:E-mail queue Status "Waiting" and not receiving emails or email notifications
Figured it out. You have to go into Site Manager > Settings > E-mails and set up:

Click on "Enable emails" and "Enable e-mail queue"
Type in number of days you want to archive your emails

And set...

1) "SMTP server" to "mail.yourdomainnamehere.com"
2) "SMTP server user" to "admin@yourdomainnamehere.com"
3) "SMTP server password" - password provided by your website host

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
slycknick - 4/16/2009 6:26:25 AM

I have the same problem. How did you get your server to see itself?
Nick

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 4/27/2009 10:56:04 AM

Hi,

Could you please try to modify the hosts headers and also the IIS configuration? The hosts file is placed at c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (Win XP).

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus