Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > Individual page Metadata not showing up after un-clicking "Inherit" View modes: 
dennis-envisiondr - 4/16/2009 7:02:31 AM

Individual page Metadata not showing up after un-clicking "Inherit"
I named each page in the site with a different page title, description and keywords and un-clicked "Inherit" on every page but they are not over riding the main Metadata set up in Corporate Site ASPX / Metadata. The browser shows one common page title for every page instead of changing with each page.

How do I get a different page title, description and keywords to show up in View Source?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 4/17/2009 7:44:58 AM

RE:Individual page Metadata not showing up after un-clicking "Inherit"
Hi,

I assume that you mean the "Corporate Site ASPX - <document title>" and you want to change the site name. If yes, please go to Site Manager -> Settings -> select your site from the drop down -> Web site and change the setting Page title prefix.

I hope it will help.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

dennis-envisiondr - 4/17/2009 8:02:59 AM

Yes, the "Corporate Site ASPX". Thank you, your suggestion worked. Is there any way eliminate the URL "http://www.domainname.com/" that preceeds the page title at the top of the browser window? I would prefer for just the page title to appear up there.

Can you tell me what the "Page description prefix" and "Page title format" are for and what should go in there or is it better to leave them blank?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ondrejv - 4/17/2009 8:27:15 AM

Hello,

Could you please try following expression: {%pagetitle_orelse_name%} ?

Best regards
Ondrej Vasil

dennis-envisiondr - 4/17/2009 8:45:43 AM

Are you saying to cut and past {%pagetitle_orelse_name%} in the "Page title prefix"?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 4/21/2009 5:30:57 AM

Hi,

I am sorry but I am confused now. What exactly you want to change? I thought you meant the page and web site title displayed in the browser on the top - where the web site description and page title is displayed?

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

dennis-envisiondr - 5/4/2009 6:32:48 PM

Yes, expression: {%pagetitle_orelse_name%} worked and the web page title displays in the browser on the top but now "Corporate Ste ASPX" shows up preceeding the page title. Can I get rid of the "Corporate Ste ASPX" and only have the page title display in the browser on the top?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 5/7/2009 9:40:59 AM

Hello.

Could you please go to your Site Manager -> Settings -> select your site in drop-down menu -> Web site and delete string in "Page title prefix" field? Since this value is used in {%prefix%} macro then.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

dennis-envisiondr - 5/7/2009 10:05:18 AM

Perfect! Thank you