Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > Calendar with multiple document types View modes: 
michaelkinkaid-gmail - 7/27/2009 9:36:48 PM

Calendar with multiple document types
I am evaluating the corporate portal installation for a project. I have updated the calendar to show two types of document events - "CMS.Event;CMS.BookingEvent". Everything works great. When I click on a booking event the selected day is highlighted. My current problem however is when I click on an event within the calendar. This day is not highlighted, rather the control default hightlights the current date.

Is there a way around this? The requirment is for a calendar that can show several different event types. I am just testing with the two that come out of the box.

Many thanks for any assistance that you can provide,
Michael

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 7/28/2009 7:36:18 AM

RE:Calendar with multiple document types
Hi Michael,

Please create copy of EventCalendar web part and in this copy change following line in SetupControl() method (it should be line 451 by default in version 4.0):

if ((currentPage != null) && (currentPage.ClassName.ToLower() == "cms.bookingevent"))

to:

if ((currentPage != null) && ((currentPage.ClassName.ToLower() == "cms.bookingevent") || (currentPage.ClassName.ToLower() == "cms.event")))

Then use modified copy of web part instead of the original one.

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek