Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > adding ecom abillites to exsiting site View modes: 
eagleag - 7/6/2009 9:11:22 AM

adding ecom abillites to exsiting site
Hi,
I've added webpart SHOPPING CART and PRODUCT DATALIST, then added some products.

These are the checkout steps I've selected:
User image

This is the error I get after i click ORDER NOW:

Order wasn't saved. ([DataConnection.ExecuteQuery]: Query: INSERT INTO COM_Order ([OrderBillingAddressID], [OrderShippingAddressID], [OrderShippingOptionID], [OrderTotalShipping], [OrderTotalPrice], [OrderTotalTax], [OrderDate], [OrderStatusID], [OrderCurrencyID], [OrderCustomerID], [OrderCreatedByUserID], [OrderNote], [OrderSiteID], [OrderPaymentOptionID], [OrderInvoice], [OrderInvoiceNumber], [OrderDiscountCouponID], [OrderCompanyAddressID], [OrderTrackingNumber], [OrderCustomData], [OrderPaymentResult], [OrderGUID], [OrderLastModified] ) VALUES ( @OrderBillingAddressID, @OrderShippingAddressID, @OrderShippingOptionID, @OrderTotalShipping, @OrderTotalPrice, @OrderTotalTax, @OrderDate, @OrderStatusID, @OrderCurrencyID, @OrderCustomerID, @OrderCreatedByUserID, @OrderNote, @OrderSiteID, @OrderPaymentOptionID, @OrderInvoice, @OrderInvoiceNumber, @OrderDiscountCouponID, @OrderCompanyAddressID, @OrderTrackingNumber, @OrderCustomData, @OrderPaymentResult, @OrderGUID, @OrderLastModified); SELECT @@identity AS [OrderID] : caused exception: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_COM_Order_COM_CustomerAdress". The conflict occurred in database "KenticoCMS", table "dbo.COM_Address", column 'AddressID'. The statement has been terminated.)

any suggestion?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_mirekr - 7/6/2009 10:31:26 AM

RE:adding ecom abillites to exsiting site
Hi,

I assume that you are getting this error message on your live site and you need to enable “Select billing and shipping address” option in your checkout process for live site.

Best Regards,
Miroslav Remias

eagleag - 7/6/2009 1:10:39 PM

it's on my local installtion.
I want to use the ecommerce webparts but not have a payments go throw. use it just as an ordering system.

is it possible to use without " Select Billing and shipping address"?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ondrejv - 7/21/2009 5:20:37 AM

Hello,

well, if you want to use the E-commerce module without final payments you still need to go through 'Select Billing and shipping address' step to avoid the error you recieve. However you can let 'Select payment and shipping methods' disabled for your site. And disable payment methods. This will proceed user to the final order without selecting payment and shipping method.

Best Regards
Ondrej Vasil

eagleag - 7/25/2009 3:37:47 AM

Thanks.
I have the check out process working and people can place orders.
this is the Checkout process configuration:
User image

On step 2 of checkout I would like to have ONLY the option -"Continue as anonymous customer ". How can I achieve this?
User image

Thanks

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ondrejv - 8/10/2009 3:05:40 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry for delay in answering.

Could you please try to comment appropriate code in '~\CMSModules\Ecommerce\Controls\ShoppingCart\ShoppingCartCheckRegistration.ascx'?

Best Regards
Ondrej Vasil