Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 4.x > Portal Engine > Content Slider Problems View modes: 
jane-thechinabusinessnetwork - 5/21/2010 12:30:49 PM

Content Slider Problems
Hi, I want to use content slider web part on my homepage. In trasformation, I selected "CMS.File.Lightbox". It's working, but I have two problems:

1. There is no number buttons below the images. In dev guide, the content slider template should have the gray number buttons below the images. How can I get the number buttons back?

2. I want to let every image has its own link to other webpage. Is any easier way to do this?

Thanks.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 5/23/2010 12:43:34 PM

RE:Content Slider Problems
Hello,

Please find answers bellow:

1) Could you please check and let me know if the HTML code for page numbers are generated into HTML source of page (and maybe only hidden by CSS styles). It should be present within <div class="Slider"> tag and look like following:
<a onclick="CurrentPage_plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneContent_pageplaceholder_pageplaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider=0;document.getElementById('plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneContent_pageplaceholder_pageplaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_runSlider').style.display='inline';return false;" href="#" id="plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneContent_pageplaceholder_pageplaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_page_0">1</a>

2) You can enwrap each image with link directly in the used transformation.

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek

jane-thechinabusinessnetwork - 5/24/2010 10:15:21 AM

Hi Martin,

For your first question: Yes, I found the code below:

div class="PagerPage" style="width:10px;"><a id="plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_page_0" href="#" onclick="CurrentPage_plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane=0;document.getElementById('plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_runSlider').style.display='inline';return false;">1</a></div><div class="PagerPage" style="width:10px;"><a id="plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_page_1" href="#" onclick="CurrentPage_plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane=1;document.getElementById('plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_runSlider').style.display='inline';return false;">2</a></div><div class="PagerPage" style="width:10px;"><a id="plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_page_2" href="#" onclick="CurrentPage_plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane=2;document.getElementById('plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_runSlider').style.display='inline';return false;">3</a></div><div style="display:none;" id="plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_runSlider" class="Control"><a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane_runSlider').style.display='none';autoTurnPage(Slider_plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane,CurrentPage_plc_lt_zoneContent_PagePlaceholder_PagePlaceholder_lt_zoneLeft_ContentSlider_Jane,5000, false); return false;" >Start</a></div><div style="clear:both;height:0;line-height:0;"></div>

For your second answer: could you specify which transformation I should use?
I want every image to have an indivdual external link. I am not sure where I can put the individual link field for every image.

Jane

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 6/1/2010 7:35:25 AM

Hi Jane,

1) It seems the text color of pager is set to same color like background or it's set to be hidden by CSS styles. Could you please check this in your stylesheet?

2) You can add some custom field for 'CMS.File' document type, specify appropriate URL into field for each document and then display link for the image in transformation specified in 'transformation' property.

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek

jane-thechinabusinessnetwork - 5/25/2010 4:34:41 PM

Hi I am not sure if you understand my reply. :-) If it doesn't make sence to you, please feel free to let me know. thanks.