Suggestions Post your suggestions and ideas for improvements in version 4.0 here. This forum is closed.
Version 4.0 BETA and RC > Suggestions > Javascript - JQuery View modes: 
eyesea69-gmail - 1/22/2009 9:58:35 PM

Javascript - JQuery
In my work with version 3.1a I ran into problems with collisions in the javascript libraries used that (so far) have prevented me from using certain controls on pages together and caused problems with outside javascript.
I know it's probably late in the game for the version 4 release, but at some point you might consider switching over to the JQuery library as a base. It is a powerful library with lots of plugins for many functions. It will also be incorporated in the next release of Visual Studio. As a matter of fact I allready have a plugin that provides JQuery intellisense in VS 2008.
This would make implementation of javascript in your application much more reliable and extensible.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 1/29/2009 6:24:11 AM

RE:Javascript - JQuery
Hello,

Could you please specify the controls that caused this issue? We have encountered similar issue when using JQuery with FCKEditor, but it should be solved with new version of FCKEditor that is included in Kentico CMS version 4.0. This issue may be also caused by conflict with some javascript libraries (like mootools) that we are using in some of web parts (like Content slider).

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek