Questions Ask questions on Kentico CMS 4.0 BETA or RC. This forum is closed.
Version 4.0 BETA and RC > Questions > Number of files View modes: 
Peter - 2/3/2009 7:49:11 PM

Number of files
I've just did a fresh install of KenticoCMS 4.0 RC under default directory in c:\inetupub\www\KenticoCMS. We are wondering why there is so many files (10707 files in 2152 folders). Are these just generated or can they be deleted?
Would be great if anyone could shed some light on this.

Thanks
Peter

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/4/2009 2:56:10 AM

RE:Number of files
Hi,

You can remove the folders and files from CMSTemplates folder - there are placed the sample sites. Also, you can remove some web parts from CMSWebParts folder which you do not want to use (446 files) - but there is risk that the web part is used somewhere in the administration interface. Also, customers are requesting new and new features and web parts, etc. so the number will be always bigger.

Most of the files belongs to the admin UI, so it is not recommended to remove them and from my experience, this installation is not very big. My used installation of 4.0RC has about 120MB. I have tried SiteCore and only the installation was about 600MB.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Peter - 2/4/2009 3:09:33 PM

Thanks Juraj,

I was wondering if we could remove all the .export files. We are using TFS so I just didnt want to have some files there which are maybe temporary for RC version.

Peter

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/5/2009 6:47:09 AM

Hi Peter,

Yes, you can remove them, but then using the New site wizard you won't have the web site templates present. But in the Program files installation directory on are still present the default files for blank site and also you can copy them there anytime from some other installation.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus