Questions Ask questions on Kentico CMS 4.0 BETA or RC. This forum is closed.
Version 4.0 BETA and RC > Questions > Display Alternative Form View modes: 
matthew.lee-reedbusiness.com - 1/29/2009 1:25:10 AM

Display Alternative Form
I have created a new document type. I now want to display an alternative form and let people to create a new document of this document type.

I've tried using the "Contribution List" webpart to display an alternative form and hide the list of document. but the problems are

1. it displays a orange header "New document: XXX" which I do not want and could not get rid of. How could I get rid of the header?

2. The "New document", which brings up the alternative form, is using AJAX and open the form on the same page. Is there any way I can change this link target?

Please advise.
Matthew

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 1/29/2009 5:39:12 AM

RE:Display Alternative Form
Hi,

1) The header is styled using CSS styles. So, when you will display the source code of the rendered page, you will see which class it is and then in CSS stylesheet you can add to this class "display: none;" (e.g. to .UserPageTitleHeader class).

2) AJAX is not used. The "New document" is just a button which ensures that the edit form is opened. You can change it by modifying appropriate web part's code and you need to ensure to open the edit form.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus