Questions Ask questions on Kentico CMS 4.0 BETA or RC. This forum is closed.
Version 4.0 BETA and RC > Questions > Setting control properties in the CMS for ASPX Template pages View modes: 
Polypod_Chad - 1/20/2009 11:10:47 AM

Setting control properties in the CMS for ASPX Template pages
I've just been looking at some of the functionality of configuring any webparts or custom controls on an ASPX template page within the CMS and it seems it's only possible for CMSEditableImage and CMSEditableRegion.

I have several controls that the client would like to be able to change properties on (such as a file location for a flash object) however I would like the template to be locked down in all other areas and also be able to debug and develop in visual studio.

I read this thread http://devnet.kentico.com/Forums.aspx?ForumID=19&Thread=00004406 and it seems the only way to do this is to use a portal page and set the control properties in the Design tab.

Is there a way i can use the API like the CMSEditableImage to configure public properties of a custom control? (and persist them in the DB i guess)

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 1/21/2009 8:04:51 AM

RE:Setting control properties in the CMS for ASPX Template pages
Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible in easy way. You can develop custom control, which will recognize the edit mode and will be able to handle the control properties, save them and also save them for certain document.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus