Questions Ask questions on Kentico CMS 4.0 BETA or RC. This forum is closed.
Version 4.0 BETA and RC > Questions > payment with paypal View modes: 
dangkhoa.nguyen-vn.pyramid-consulting - 1/13/2009 4:43:24 AM

payment with paypal
I set configuration for e-commerce module to accept payment with Paypal test account. After I click "Finish payment", my local site redirect to paypal. I perform all payment steps in Paypal and click on the link to come back to my site. But when check Order in admin page, I still see the status of that order is NEW, not "Payment received" as expected.

In case using Authorize.net for payment, after enter credit card info and submit, status of Order in admin is "Payment received" as expected.

What's wrong in Paypal case? Do I need to use live account of Paypal, or my local site need to go live?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/15/2009 2:29:01 AM

RE:payment with paypal
Hello,

could you please check the settings of CMSDesk -> Tools -> E-commerce -> Configuration -> Payment methods -> edit your Paypal method:
„Order status when payment succeeds“ should be Payment received
“Order status when payment fails” should be Payment failed

The testing account should work correctly with the states – only there could be a several days’ delay of updating the state of order (because of the testing Paypal account).

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/15/2009 2:35:56 AM

Hello again,

Please note: the site has to be accessible from the www (localhost will not work) because the Paypal has to be able to access your site to push the state of order.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

dangkhoa.nguyen-vn.pyramid-consulting - 1/16/2009 2:56:30 AM

Thanks very much for your answers.

I have one more question. Besides my site is accessible from the www, I set configuration of "Cancel return URL" & "Return URL" to "~/SpecialPages/OrderCompleted.aspx"
Is this right? Or I need to point the redirect to a custom page in which process the return status from Paypal and update the Orders information?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/16/2009 1:14:09 PM

Hello,

you need not a special custom page, your configuration is OK. Please this picture to understand the process better: http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/ecommerceguide/paypal_configuration.htm

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

dangkhoa.nguyen-vn.pyramid-consulting - 1/19/2009 2:18:34 AM

Thanks for your support