General - .NET User Groups General issues with editing, development and graphic design.
Kentico CMS for .NET User Groups > General - .NET User Groups > Blog Post not showing View modes: 
positivepurchasing - 4/19/2012 3:49:02 AM

Blog Post not showing
I have followed the instructions in the manual on how to create a blog and a blog post. The blog shows but no blog posts show. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 4/19/2012 5:35:54 AM

RE:Blog Post not showing
Hello,

There could be multiple things causing this issue. I would suggest you to check some of our samples sites (Corporate sample site) how the blog is setup there.

Here are some issues, which could be causing this:

1) Incorrectly setup repeater (incorrect document types, check security settings checked, incorrect or missing transformation, incorrect path)
2) Incorrect permissions
3) Unpublished content
4) Caching hasn't expired yet

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

positivepurchasing - 4/19/2012 6:53:09 AM

OK, Thank you, Boris

positivepurchasing - 4/19/2012 7:44:55 AM

I have a new install of Kentico 6 with the corporate site, I followed the insructions on creating a blog post but it still deos not show on live site.

So I can assume that 1 and 2 can't be the problem as it is a new install, leaving caching which doesn't make sense as it is new and 3) Unpublished content - what does this mean?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 4/19/2012 8:28:33 AM

Hi,

if you installed a default Corporate site you should see already created blog and post examples.

It is in the Community section. I am talking about 6.0 installation.

Or do you mean that this section is not working correctly, i.e. you cannot see blog posts?

Could you also send us the link to page which you followed?

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

positivepurchasing - 4/19/2012 9:26:34 AM

OK, I've given up. Too difficult.