General - .NET User Groups General issues with editing, development and graphic design.
Kentico CMS for .NET User Groups > General - .NET User Groups > Multiple Shopping Carts under One CMS installation. View modes: 
davidj-millerdavisagency - 9/23/2009 10:22:46 AM

Multiple Shopping Carts under One CMS installation.
The current system does not handle multiple shoping cart configurations under one CMS install. Has anyone experienced this same issue? Support suggest to modify the source to seperate the carts. We can do this but looking for another developer who has done this already to discuss issues, solutions, and possible consulting opportunities.

aezzell-gpworldwide - 1/10/2011 8:48:25 AM

RE:Multiple Shopping Carts under One CMS installation.
Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have 2 shopping carts running under virtual directories, but I find that I frequently have interference between them. I change something in one cart, and it changes the other cart as well, even though I'm using customized user controls to control the shopping cart steps.

Plus I had one cart with 170+ products - it was working fine. I imported a second cart with 3 products, and lost the connection between documents & products in the first cart. The documents were still in the content structure, and the products were still in the database, but the documents were not associated with their respective products.

I think re-imported the first cart, and everything was back to normal.

davidj-millerdavisagency - 1/10/2011 9:43:59 AM

RE:Multiple Shopping Carts under One CMS installation.
We ended up having to modify the source code and associate all aspects of each shopping cart to a specific site. Now if you are logged in as global admin you can see all products and documents in the system. If you are logged in as user for a specific site you can only see your information.