Bug reports
Version 3.x > Bug reports > Edit Content - Infinite Loop View modes: 
polarwarp-gmail - 1/18/2009 11:20:12 PM

Edit Content - Infinite Loop
I started playing with the v3 trial - and started setting up MySite using the tutorial. I then decided to remove it and create a new site (so I could use the portal engine).

I followed the steps but selected English - Australia as my culture. It firstly complained about a FK constraint and inserting an event - so I tried truncating the EventLog table. That didn't help so I just deleted the constraint to get the site working.

Now when I go into Edit content it goes into an infinite loop when trying to load the content tree (I had selected a couple of pages as part of the wizard).

I read there was potentially a cultural issue in V2 - is this still the case, or is there something else that is preventing me from editing content.

I tried adding the en-US culture and setting that as default - but that hasn't helped my issue at all.

Thanks

polarwarp - 1/18/2009 11:32:07 PM

RE:Edit Content - Infinite Loop
What's even weirder is that I was logging in as Administrator - I then tried creating a user, and making them part of the Edit role. When I logged into the cms desk I got an access denied error. Tried a few different things.. still got access denied - logged back in as Administrator and now the content tree is showing.

polarwarp-gmail - 1/18/2009 11:36:02 PM

I also cannot get my new user to be recognised as an Editor for the site - not sure why. "You're not a content editor and you cannot use CMS Desk. Go back to the main web site."

After getting an access denied error - I click on the go back to the main site and get this error:

Server Error in '/KenticoCMS' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[PageInfoProvider.GetPageInfo]: Page '/ (en-us)' not found.'
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CMS.PortalEngine.PageNotFoundException: [PageInfoProvider.GetPageInfo]: Page '/ (en-us)' not found.'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PageNotFoundException: [PageInfoProvider.GetPageInfo]: Page '/ (en-us)' not found.']
CMS.PortalEngine.PageInfoProvider.GetPageInfo(String siteName, String aliasPath, String cultureCode, String urlPath, Int32 nodeId, Boolean combineWithDefaultCulture, GeneralConnection conn) +2056
CMS.PortalEngine.PageInfoProvider.GetPageInfo(String siteName, String aliasPath, String cultureCode, String urlPath, Boolean combineWithDefaultCulture, GeneralConnection conn) +24
CMS.Controls.CMSPageManager.LoadContent(Boolean loadRegions) +118
CMS.Controls.CMSPageManager.CMSPageManager_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +26
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 1/19/2009 7:52:18 AM

Hi,

Could you please describe how did you changed the culture?

By default when you create a site (e.g. Corporate sample site), the culture is set to En-Us. Then please go to Site Manager -> Sites -> edit your site -> Cultures tab and select the culture you want to have and save the change.
Now switch to the General tab and click the Change button to change the culture. In the new opened window select the second culture, make sure that the check box is checked and click OK. This will convert all existing documents to the second culture. Now you can go back to Cultures tab and uncheck the defaul en-Us culture.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

polarwarp-gmail - 1/19/2009 4:27:13 PM

When I created the site - I changed the default select to be English - Australia.

In trying to change it back to En-US - I went to Edit Site, clicked on the Cultures Tab ticked En-US, then went back to the first tab and clicked Change, selected en-us in the drop down list. Also changed the (Automatic) to be En-US. (I've also gone through the steps you outlined above ensuring that the checkbox to change all to selected culture is ticked).

Even when I create a new site though and leave it as En-US I'm getting this infinite loop.

Actually this morning I get a message sort of flash up with two radio buttons and a button. Saying "the document does not exist in current culture. You can create a new culture version of the document. ' However its looping to I can't actually get it to tstop on the NewCultureVersion.aspx.

OK now that I've gone to that page directly (I didn't see this mesage yesterday) - and just created blank document I get:

[DocumentHelper.ClearWorkflowInformation]: Missing document node.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: [DocumentHelper.ClearWorkflowInformation]: Missing document node.

Source Error:

Line 109: if (newculture)
Line 110: {
Line 111: DocumentHelper.ClearWorkflowInformation(node);
Line 112: }
Line 113: }

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\KenticoCMS\CMSDesk\Content\edit.aspx.cs Line: 111

Stack Trace:

[Exception: [DocumentHelper.ClearWorkflowInformation]: Missing document node.]
CMS.WorkflowEngine.DocumentHelper.ClearWorkflowInformation(TreeNode node) +145
CMSDesk_Content_edit.OnInit(EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\KenticoCMS\CMSDesk\Content\edit.aspx.cs:111
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Occasionally I'm getting a "There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time" (HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected Internet Information Services). I just stopped and started the default web site in IIS again.. and getting the loop - with what appears to be the same message (about the document does not exist in current culture - but I can't manage to stop it when its on that page. Its looping through default.aspx, tree.aspx, footer.aspx, newcultureversion.aspx, main.aspx and maybe request.aspx.

Have I somehow corrupted the en-us culture??!!

polarwarp-gmail - 1/19/2009 4:29:05 PM

I also fixed my authoring issue. I think maybe it was caching users/permissions.. so after going through various ways of making sure my user was part of the edit group it seemed to be recognised as a valid editor.. apart from my looping issue :)

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 1/20/2009 4:37:17 AM

Hi,

This is very strange. What browser are you using? Could you please try to use different browser and/or another computer to log into CMS Desk?

If it won't help, could you please send us backups of your project folder and database?

Regarding to the "Too many users..." message - you are using Windows XP and you are accessing the site from different browsers and the IIS has some limitations. You can restart the IIS: Start -> Run -> and type iisreset

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

polarwarp-gmail - 1/20/2009 3:40:20 PM

I have tried both IE7 and FF. Its on my dev pc so I'm not sure I can easily test it from another PC - I thought there was a restriction on the trial that it could only be accessed via localhost? If not - then I can try putting the site on our dev server - just to see if it works there.

My comment about IIS was that I'm getting that message in conjunction with the infinite loop - in case it highlighted what the potential issue was. I don't get it normally.

The weird thing is that using Visual Studio to run the site appears to be working - but just running it through IIS / web browser (portal engine) is giving me the issues. Though I have only been working on the one site - I haven't tested whether I can change the running site via site manager and then go work on other sites.

polarwarp-gmail - 1/20/2009 3:41:35 PM

Why is there no Edit ability on messages created??

I forgot to mention that I can shoot through those files if you think it will help.

Thanks!!

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 1/21/2009 7:06:28 AM

Hi,

I sent you e-mail earlier today - I have restored your project and DB and everything is working fine. I have no infinite loop.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

nick.sephton-motivetechnology - 7/30/2009 9:21:13 AM

I'm having the same problem. Can you let me know the fix please?

Cheers

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_mirekr - 7/30/2009 9:47:42 AM

Hi,

Could you please let us know what version are you using and describe us your issue in more detail way? If you are using 3.x version, could you please try to upgrade to some of the next Kentico CMS versions?

Best Regards,
Miroslav Remias.