Bug reports
Version 3.x > Bug reports > Donations View modes: 
richard.pendergast-notatallstrange - 11/19/2008 1:15:53 AM

Donations
We are using Kentico to build a charity site that will require the ability to process donations via a custom payment gateway integration.

The way we are looking at it, a donation is essentially just a product with a price chosen by the user.

We have put together several proofs, but am unsure what best practice within Kentico would actually be.

I'm assuming that it will be something along the lines of:

1. cloning the appropriate web parts and forms, so that when a donation is displayed a textbox is also displayed allowing for an amount to be entered

2. extension of the code behind so that the user entered amount is stored against the shopping cart item rather than the sku price

3. setting the web.config so that the sku price does not overwrite the user entered price whenever a there is a recalculation

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

We will be putting this together over the next couple of days and would be happy to come back with a finished solution and a writeup you might be interested in posting in the blogs - perhaps as a guest user contribution?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 11/20/2008 7:53:25 AM

RE:Donations
Hello,

I would like to ask you to add your posts to appropriate category – this is not a bug report. Thank you.

Your solution would be appreciated we could add it to our knowledge base.

We plan to add Donation feature to one of the next versions. Meanwhile, we would recommend you to implement this functionality as a simple BizForm that would contact gateway and perform payment with entered data after form is submitted.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

docon - 12/3/2008 5:37:21 PM

Hi, I am looking to do the same thing. Did you write a finished solution and writeup? Is it posted somewhere? Appreciate any help, thanks.

richard.pendergast-notatallstrange - 12/5/2008 1:37:05 AM

I've put together a solution and released it to a production environment. You can see it at https://www.greataustralianbikeride.org.au/CMSPages/PortalTemplate.aspx?aliaspath=/Donations

I'll spend a little longer cleaning it up, (style etc), but at the end of the day it is a fully working solution.

I'll put together a writeup and post it over the next couple of days.

AP-Kentico - 9/11/2009 1:57:43 PM

Hi Richard,

Could you please specify how you achieved this?
Did you create your own bizform or is it a custom page?

Kindly reply when you get a chance.
Thanks,
AP

neil-fourmangos - 10/5/2009 1:31:25 PM

Hi - we just built a custom paypal pro widget. We are aiming to sell it on here too. Interested? You'll need a Paypal pro account. You can be a beta client.

If you are interested email me and we can figure something out

-Neil

AP-Kentico - 10/6/2009 12:34:56 PM

Please send me details for the same.
Can I try a trial version before I talk to my team?

Regards,
AP