New features
Version 3.x > New features > E-Commerce Module - localising lookup information View modes: 
Polypod_Chad - 1/28/2009 11:32:22 AM

E-Commerce Module - localising lookup information
Our company has just purchased the Enterprise Edition and for part of our project I was looking if it's possible to input localised text for lookup tables used by the E-Commerce module such as the CMS Desk > Tools > E-Commerce > Configuration > Public Status items?

thanks

Chad

kentico_pavelk - 2/11/2009 2:41:00 PM

RE:E-Commerce Module - localising lookup information
Hi Chad,

Could you please see our E-commerce guide for information about localization settings?
http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/ecommerceguide/localization_settings.htm

Best Regards,
Pavel Knotek

Polypod_Chad - 2/12/2009 3:09:44 AM

Thanks Pavel, I was looking in the wrong place. Is it possible that I can grant CMS Editors access to only the UI Cultures area of the CMS Site Manager to input these fields? (ie. we just want to set up the english version and let the other users login and translate)

Regards,

Chad

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/18/2009 6:08:44 AM

Hi Chad,

This will require some customization of the user interface.

At first you will need to add new permission name to some module (Site Manager -> Development -> Modules -> e.g. CMS Content -> Permission names). Then you need to grant appropriate user roles with this permissions.

Now, you need to modify the user interface source files. You will need to view the information of each frame (the header tabs, link to Site Manager, etc.) and in code behind of these files, there is already a security check for the access permissions. In site manager pages it is checked for global administrator. For example, you will need this kind of IF statement
if (CMSContext.CurrentUser.IsGlobalAdministrator)

to

if (CMSContext.CurrentUser.IsGlobalAdministrator || CMSContext.CurrentUser.IsAuthorizedPerResource("CMS.Content", "<your_permission_name>"))

I hope it makes sense.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Polypod_Chad - 3/20/2009 4:07:59 AM

Thanks Juraj, that works great.

Regards

Chad