Portal Engine
Version 3.x > Portal Engine > Active Directory Global Administrator View modes: 
jonathanchauncey@fdle.state.fl.us - 5/16/2008 9:23:14 AM

Active Directory Global Administrator
I have setup my installation to use active directory, and flagged myself as a global administrator in the Site Manager.

Yet when I log in and try to do certain features I receive message such as this: You're not a global administrator and you cannot use Site Manager. Go back to the main web site.

Since I cannot log into the global admin account (because I am now using AD) is there a way around this?

kentico_vitaja - 5/16/2008 9:56:12 AM

RE:Active Directory Global Administrator
Hi,

you can change your user settings directly in your DB. Please go to CMS_User table and find there your account. Then modify it so that you have Global Admin permissions.

Best regards,
Vita Janecek

jonathanchauncey@fdle.state.fl.us - 5/16/2008 10:14:54 AM

Its already set to true... But still not recognizing me as a global admin.

For example, if I add a web part zone to the master template I cannot assign web part to it (It does not even show up on the design tab).

kentico_vitaja - 5/16/2008 10:42:28 AM

Hi,

are you sure that you are not recognized as a global admin? Could you please confirm that you are unable to access CMS Site Manager?

You are stating that you are unable to access design tab - but adding a new web part zone to Master page is done using design tab. How it is possible that you added it without design tab?

Could you please double check that you are using Portal engine - not ASPX templates? ASPX templates doesn't display design tab, which would explain why you are not able to see it.

Best regards,
Vita Janecek

jonathanchauncey@fdle.state.fl.us - 5/16/2008 12:22:45 PM

I can see the design tab and I can access the site manager. However, when I add a webpart to my master template it does not show up in my design tab (where I choose what type of web part I wish to use).

However, on another installation of the same version (3.0) if i log on directly as administrator I can see the web part information on the design tab.

jonathanchauncey@fdle.state.fl.us - 5/19/2008 10:54:56 AM

any idea on how to fix this? It really seems like this is a bug within kentico.

kentico_vitaja - 5/23/2008 8:18:05 AM

Hi,

please send us screenshots and code of your template to support@kentico.com to find out what is the issue here.

Best regards,
Vita Janecek