Portal Engine
Version 3.x > Portal Engine > Newsletter - Bulk Remove Subscribers View modes: 
Darren - 10/8/2008 10:11:35 AM

Newsletter - Bulk Remove Subscribers
I have imported about 1000 subscribers into a newsletter but now I need to remove them. I can't seem to find a way to remove these apart from clicking on each one individually which obviously isn't very practical! Am I missing something here or will have to have to physically remove them from the table?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 10/8/2008 1:10:50 PM

RE:Newsletter - Bulk Remove Subscribers
Hi,

What is your version of CMS? If it is 3.1a you can do following:

Export the subscribers on the "Export subscribers" tab to get the list of the users. Then switch to "Import subscribers" tab. And here you can see that there are available three actions. The last one is to delete the subscribers. Select this one, enter the list of the subscribers, select the newsletter you want to delete users from and click OK.

This should remove all the subscribers.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Darren - 10/10/2008 3:15:45 AM

Hi Juraj,

That's great, one slight problem though, I'm using 3.0. Looks like I need to upgrade, I've been meaning to do it anyway! ;-)

In the meantime shall I just remove them from the table, I'm guessing that's the only way?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 10/10/2008 6:39:09 AM

Hi again,

Yes, you are right, that is the fastest and easiest way how to achieve this. You may need to remove all records from Newsletter_SubscriberNewsletter table and then from Newsletter_Subscriber table.

Best Regards,

Juraj Ondrus

Darren - 10/10/2008 9:40:06 AM

I removed the entries in the Newsletter_SubscriberNewsletter table but when I go to remove them from Newsletter_subscriber table i get the following error - The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK__Newslette__Subsc__503BEA1C"

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 10/10/2008 10:14:05 AM

Hi,
it seems that in the Newsletter_SubscriberNewsletter table is still some record which is related to the data in Newsletter_subscriber table.
Could you please check it?

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Darren - 10/10/2008 10:30:01 AM

Oh yes, found it. Not sure how that snuck in there! All sorted now, thanks for your help.