Portal Engine
Version 2.x > Portal Engine > Random Document View modes: 
barranr - 12/28/2006 9:54:49 PM

Random Document
Hi, has anyone used the Random Document web part?
I'm looking for something to change some content on each visit to the home page and was wondering if that would suit.
Any tips on using it at all would be great

Rod

admin - 12/29/2006 7:48:36 AM

Re: Random Document
Hello,

yes, you can use this web part to display such content. You can find more details at http://www.kentico.com/docs/webpartsandcontrols/random_document.htm.

Best Regards,

Rajesh - 3/5/2013 12:41:19 AM

Random Document
Hi admin,

Do you have any link which provides a good walk through on random document and good example using random document. It is there in my application requirement. Can you
please help me in this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards
M Rajesh

Certified Developer 13
Certified Developer 13
kentico_josefd - 3/5/2013 9:17:10 AM

RE: Random Document
Hello,

I'm afraid I cannot offer you more than our web part description and settings help. You can also take a look at the web part example on our sample Corporate Site. Please note, this link will only work if you have Kentico CMS website installed in the default directory:

http://localhost/KenticoCMS7/Examples/Web-parts/Listings-and-viewers/Documents/Random-document.aspx

If you let me know what are you trying to achieve or what gives you trouble I may be able to help you further.

Regards,
Josef Dvorak

Rajesh - 3/6/2013 11:55:44 PM

Hi,

I have created a folder in my content tree, and placed my images in that folder. I have placed a random document webpart and given path to this Images. But it is not even showing a single image. I have strucked ther. can you please help me in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 3/7/2013 10:01:42 AM

Hello.

What version of KCMS do you use? Could you please export me settings on the given web part and send it to support@kentico.com with reference to this forum thread? What are your cache settings? Does the random document / image update on Preview tab?

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik