Portal Engine
Version 2.x > Portal Engine > Custom Document Types not showing in new documents View modes: 
matt - 12/13/2006 10:44:43 PM

Custom Document Types not showing in new documents
I have created a new document type and set it to be available in the site but when I click "New" in the document menu there is no option for my new document type. How do I enable it as an option for creation? I've verified that the site I want to add it to is check in the list of sites for the document type. What might I be missing?

Also, I created a folder but it seems that a folder can only contain another folder or a document of type "file". Is there a way to create a folder to contain certain document types? Like a folder for Press Releases or News?

matt - 12/13/2006 10:53:43 PM

Re: Custom Document Types not showing in new documents
Nevermind. I think I see it now. The new document type must be a child type of Page to show up for creation. And, in turn, it must be a child of Root to show up as an option to create inside of a folder.

Right?

Imran - 3/10/2008 5:34:59 PM

RE:Re: Custom Document Types not showing in new documents
I've created a new document type and even if i check all the boxes in child types I cant make it appear in the list when I create a new page.

If I create a document type that doesnt need database entries it appears fine..

Any ideas ?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 3/11/2008 2:06:05 PM

Hi,
please let me explain how it works so you can confirm or decline your setting:
You have two document types A and B. Now, you want to place document B underneath document A. So, in Site Manager -> Development -> Document types -> edit type A -> Child types and here you need to select the document type B to be allowed as a child for the A document type.

I hope it makes sense. Could you please confirm that you have perform this setting? If yes, and you have still problems - could you please check if appropriate document type is assigned to the right site on the Sites tab?
If the problem still remains, could you please contact us at support@kentico.com and send us the export package of your site?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

Imran - 3/11/2008 3:29:33 PM

Juraj

Thank you very much for the explanation. That has solved the problem.

stacie-thepixelshop - 10/19/2012 8:57:23 AM

I'm having the same problem. Using version 5.5, I've created a new doctype with child types of page and folder. I have also selected the appropriate site it is to be available under, and it still does not appear in my list of doctypes when I try to create a new one under a folder.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 10/21/2012 12:59:32 AM

Hi,

You have allowed folder type to be child of your type and not vice versa. You need to go to the Folder type and allow your document type to be the child.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

stacie-thepixelshop - 10/22/2012 8:53:00 AM

That was it! Thanks for your help